23rd June 2010, 01:50 PM
vangi

Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?

hi.
i am persuing ec engineering. i am in 3rd year. kindly tell me whether i am eligible fpe giving IES exan or not???
if so, please suggest me with some tips...
thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for IES exam after pursuing 4th year B.Tech Instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for IES?
  2. How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  4. Preparation tips for IES exam 2015
  5. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  6. Am I eligible for IES entrance exam?
  7. Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?
  8. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  9. What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student
  10. Am I eligible for IES exam while working with MES as Jr Engineer?
  11. Which subjects should I choose for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  12. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  13. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible to give IES Exam being a candidate having completed Engineering with Biomedical stream with 2 backlogs?
  15. Can i apply for PSU and IES simultaneously?
  16. Is there any online coaching for IES exam? Are 4 months enough for IES exam? Preparation tips for IES exam?
  17. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE? -- [New]
  18. How can i apply for IES entrance exam?
12th April 2011, 05:33 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?

Of course you are eligible for this exam.

Eligiblity criteria for IES exam:-
A graduate with that branch which is choosen by the candidate.
Percentage criteria is not given here.

All the best
12th April 2011, 08:12 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?

Yes ,you are eligible to give IES exam as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. Candidate should be engineering graduate. However, candidates studying in last semester of engineering can also appear in entrance test but they are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.

2. Candidate should be in age group 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

Tips for entrance exam-
1. Selection of a good institute.
2. Concentration & determination towards achieving the goals.
3. Getting information from the good books specially meant for the exam.

For more details visit to-
http://onlineies.blogspot.com/2010/03/preparation-tips-for-engineering_11.html
5th May 2011, 06:25 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangi View Post
hi.
i am persuing ec engineering. i am in 3rd year. kindly tell me whether i am eligible fpe giving IES exan or not???
thanks.
Yes you are absolutely eligible for this exam .

This exam is similar to GATE EEE so no worries just concentrate as you do in classwork and also

after classwork if possible go for coaching and enhance your skills in exam point of view

as for this there will be a lot of competition

you have to face country wide competition for this exam the syllabus for this exam covers these topics

they are

-> EM Theory

-> Electrical Materials

-> Electrical Circuits

-> Measurements and Instrumentation

-> CONTROL SYSTEMS.

-> Electrical Machines and Power Transformers

-> Power systems

-> ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS

-> MICROPROCESSORS

-> COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

-> POWER ELECTRONICS

All these topics are familiar to you so you have to deeply concentrate on mastering these topics with lot of multiple choice questions

Coming to the matter of books use your college library effectively

and to practice the multiple choice question there are so many books available in the market if you have opportunity then solve the previous years question papers of IES and also GATE EEE

this is the strategy that has to be followed by IES Aspirant

Regards

~AdityA~
5th May 2011, 07:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangi View Post
hi.
thanks.
For Engineering Service Examination, You need Degree in Engineering or equivalent. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject also acceptable for certain posts.

And to appear in this examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Only theen you are eligible to apply for Engineering service examination.

So, you are doing EC Engineering, then yes definitely you are eligible for This examination, This examination was conducted by UPSC Every year. The notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the Official website of UPSC.

And if you want to get complete information regarding Engineering Service examination, then please visit the UPSC official website OR read the given notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 66 views)
5th May 2011, 08:28 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Indian Engineering Services (IES)

IES exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications : Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

As you are pursuing engineering with ECE you are eligible but you must satisfy age criteria.

IES syllabus cover 100% of your engineering syllabus except Maths, So throughly prepare for it and try to make your concept clear in all subject.

Try to solve last 10 years papers of IES,they will also help you .

This year date of submission of application form is over so try next year.

For other details you can visit official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
5th May 2011, 08:46 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

Candidate should have Minimum graduation degree in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a recognized university.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

When you fulfill with above mentioned criteria,then you can appear for Indian Engineering Service exam.
When time for you to apply for IES exam,then click here
To know the updates of IES exam,then click here

To crank this exam,you should have complete concept of your Engineering subjects,as well English and General studies.
As your are in 3rd year,you have another one year to appear for exam,so have sufficient time to prepare,so start preparing 7hrs daily for IES exam.Then definitely you can crank the exam.
And exam will be for 1000 marks
Objective type question-600 marks
Conventional type question-400 marks

If you require any information,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 88 views)
6th May 2011, 12:40 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You can write IES exam in 4th years, and best preparation strategy is , revise whatever you have studied in your btech till now and get involved in coaching fuss.
11th June 2011, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

is eee degree from bits pilani eligible for ies
14th October 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

i'm persuing btech from civil branch and now i'm in 3rd year . kindly tell me that "Is a 3rd year student eligible for for IES exam?"
14th October 2011, 08:57 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm persuing btech from civil branch and now i'm in 3rd year . kindly tell me that "Is a 3rd year student eligible for for IES exam?"
No,you are not eligible to apply for the examination.Because pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for the examination.So you can't apply for the examination.Lets see the eligibility criteria for the examination.

I.E.S means Indian Engineering Service Examination and the examination was conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

To apply for the examination,you have to complete the degree in engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and candidates who are appearing in the final year of the examination can also apply for the examination.But some branch candidates are eligible to apply for the examination.

The branch are :-

Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Or M.Sc candidates are eligible to apply for the examination.

Pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for the examination.

The candidate age should between 21 years and 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.Three years relaxation for OBC category and Five year relaxation for SC/ST category.

Selection Procedure of the examination :- 1)Written examination 2)Interview

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2011, 12:29 AM
imcool.force

Hi dear,

Yes you are absolutely eligible for this exam .

This exam is similar to GATE EEE so no worries just concentrate as you do in classwork and also

after classwork if possible go for coaching and enhance your skills in exam point of view

as for this there will be a lot of competition

you have to face country wide competition for this exam the syllabus for this exam covers these topics

they are

-> EM Theory

-> Electrical Materials

-> Electrical Circuits

-> Measurements and Instrumentation

-> CONTROL SYSTEMS.

-> Electrical Machines and Power Transformers

-> Power systems

-> ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS

-> MICROPROCESSORS

-> COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

-> POWER ELECTRONICS

All these topics are familiar to you so you have to deeply concentrate on mastering these topics with lot of multiple choice questions

Coming to the matter of books use your college library effectively

and to practice the multiple choice question there are so many books available in the market if you have opportunity then solve the previous years question papers of IES and also GATE EEE

this is the strategy that has to be followed by IES Aspirant

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?