28th January 2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Which specialization is best for 1 year PGDM?

Hi, I need to join PGDM cources for 1 year so i wanna know which specialization is best for the future em interested in Hr is this good or what plz let me know????

4th February 2014, 04:49 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which specialization is best for 1 year PGDM?

Basically PGDM is a diploma course and is of Two years course duration.So candidates are to select the Major and minor specializations based on your Interests and Goals.There ate various specializations in PGDM are Finance,Marketing,Information Technology,International Business,Tours and Travel,Pharmaceutical Management,and Human Resources.

As far as I am concerned there is nothing like a best specialization.So each specialization plays a various different major roles.So As you are willing to join the Human Resource Management,I would recommend you to for the same with out any doubt.Because there is a huge huge scope for Human Resources Management.

As we are seeing the growth of the Information Technology(IT) sector,obviously we can expect more number of job opportunities for Human Resources candidates.So you must be good at training,because this certificate will be helpful to you while your recruitment.In major most of the intelligent students go for the courses such as Finance and Human Resource department because there is a diverse fields.

In the Human resource department itself,you will be undergoing your course with the following subjects.They are listed you as follows-namely Personnel & IR Policies,Training and Development,Competency mapping,Organization Development & Management of Change,Compensation Management & Reward system,Conflict Management and Negotiation.

Other than those subjects,you will be undergoing with the subjects such as Cross-Cultural Management,Stress management,Leadership,Influence and Power,Indian Ethos and its application in Human Resource Management,Group Process and Interpersonal Skills and more.So You may go for the Human Resource Management in your PGDM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?