28th January 2014, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Are Industrial training really beneficial in getting placed in core semiconductor companies? Which stream to opt Embedded or VLSI?

I have done b.tech in electronics and communication engineering (2012). now i am seeking a job in core companies like cadence, synopsys, seimens, nokia, alcatel, etc.
throught internet and newspaper i got to know that semiconductor industry is growing and is in great need of skilled engineers in embedded systems and vlsi technologies.
for this many IT training institutes are offering 6 month industrial training.
my question is are these training really beneficiary in getting placed in core semiconductor industries. should i opt one. if yes which course, embedded or vlsi should i opt. and which institute would be best to do that??
and do these insitutes help in placements?

please answer its important as time is running very fast..thanks for listening!!

Related Questions:
  1. Companies which work on embedded and VLSI field providing training for freshers?
  2. Career options available to choose VLSI or Embedded System in 6th month training?
  3. Best training institutes for VLSI design training in bangalore? I am doing btech ece -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to prepare for government jobs after B.Tech (ECE) with 65% marks?
  5. Will there be any problem at the time of job interview in Embedded Systems or VLSI if did training in Communication field?
  6. Best institute for VLSI or Embedded course having good placement record?
  7. Electronics ompany for final semester project?
  8. Should I wait for interview calls or join training in some VLSI institute? Is it true that VLSI provides 100% placement?
  9. What to do after completion of Training in Embedded Technology and VLSI? Where and how to apply?
  10. Is it beneficial to have industrial training from companies? Institutes in Gurgaon?
  11. How can I get a job in core company after doing engineering in ECE stream
  12. Among embedded system and VLSI which one is a better stream to specialize in?
  13. Can I get a job in VLSI domain having S.S.C 76.3%, Inter 73.6, B.Tech 58.68% (E.C.E) marks?
  14. Which is a better stream between VLSI, DIP or Embedded Systems?
  15. Which institute is best for VLSI and embedded training?
  16. Syllabus for Entrance Exam for M.Sc. Electronics in Pune University/
  17. Where could I pursue training while in ECE 3rd year in Embedded, Networking, VLSI? Best training centre in Mohali?
  18. How to do M.Tech in IIT in VLSI and Embedded System Engineering? I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering
2nd February 2014, 04:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Industrial training really beneficial in getting placed in core semiconductor companies? Which stream to opt Embedded or VLSI?

Electronics is advancing rapidly in modern world and it is believed that it will be the largest demanded field in the near future. Semiconductors is the heart of electronics and it is true that the semiconductor industry is growing day by day and are in need of efficient engineers who have strong core knowledge.

However, it is very tough to get job in these core companies. There are many training institutes which advertise of placement in these companies, but in reality the placement rate in these companies is very less, since they take highly efficient candidates with strong fundamental knowledge. Merely doing courses, will not help in getting employment in these companies.

It is true that training in the field of embedded system and VLSI is beneficial for the core companies but you need to be technically sound as well to get recruited in the core companies. You should undertake training programmes in any recognized institute of India like CTTC,CTTD or some companies like Hp, HCL,BSNL, etc. which offering training courses that are recognized by government of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?