7th March 2014, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Are girls allowed in Marine engineering?

What is the exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Also, is Marine Engineering allowed for girls? Which are the good colleges for the above? If I want to make a career in NASA's marine section, how do I pursue my options after my SSC? Do any of these fields have any scope in India?

12th March 2014, 11:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Are girls allowed in Marine engineering?

Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology are very closely related fields. Oceanography comprises the study of sea and its relation with fields like biology, chemistry, physics, geology, marine geology, geophysics. On the other hand Marine Biology only includes the study of life in the sea comprising of sea animals and plants. Marine Microbiology is a part of Marine Biology which deals with the study of micro organisms found in the sea.

Yes, girls can definitely pursue Marine Engineering. The good institutes are:-
- Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Cochin University of Science and Technology – Cochin
- National Institute of Technology – Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology – Calicut
- National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)

Getting chance in Nasa is difficult and is only possible after excellent service record in India under good organization which is famous worldwide. Yes, these fields have good scope in India. It is expected that the scope will increase in the near future since demand is increasing as compared to the supply of efficient professionals.
8th April 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Exact difference between Oceanography, Marine Biology and Marine Microbiology? Are girls allowed in Marine engineering?

what is scope of food technology ? what is the salary? and also plz say is there any best biology course with good scope
18th December 2017, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing my UG BIOCHEMISTRY degree. Could you please provide me the syllabus for CUSAT CAT for MSc MARINE BIOLOGY at CUSAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?