30th April 2011, 09:58 PM
hemraj bhardwaj1989

How to prepare for IAS entrance exam while in B.E 1st year?

dear sir/madam i am studying in BE !st year i want to become IAS. please tell me how i can prepare myself for this test.

Thanks and Regards
Hemraj

4th May 2011, 04:58 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance exam while in B.E 1st year?

No need to write away start from your first year of Bachelors but don't forget your goal even in your sleep also

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your orginal preparation

->follow all the news paper daily's get updated with all the issues do the deep research and make some points and maintain some note book

->Current affairs is also a very important section you should get updated in all areas like

politics

sports

entertainment and

what not everything

this about the strategy that a first year student must follow

and coming to qualification of the exam are as follows

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

It is better not to take risk ..if you are financial well settled then you can go for coaching and reach your target sooner than experimenting by your own.

regards

~AdityA~
4th May 2011, 05:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance exam while in B.E 1st year?

For IAS, one need to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main examination
-Interview

The eligibility criteria is as follows

Academic qualification :
-One should have completed his graduation from a recognized institute.

Age criteria:
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of SC/ST and OBC.

You are just in the first year of graduation. So still plenty of time is there in your hands to prepare.

Make yourself proper planning and by the time you appear for the exam, try to see that you should be good enough in general awareness and aptitude.

To be good enough in general awareness, go through following aspects on a daily basis.
-National affairs
-International affairs
-Bilateral affairs
-Persons in news
-Awards
-Sports
-Books and authors.
4th May 2011, 05:44 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
yah, you are at prime and initial step of your preparations. Now the time you have to cover your whole syllabus and divide it in sections for comfortability. For general studies-focus on the questions asked from the founders of independance fight and social workers.study the questions related with political issues and constitute of india.generally in second paper of GS Questions related with foreign issues, nuclear strategy, indians in foreign are, frequently asked. In mains essay writing weightage is 200 marks for single essay. For that you have to be very focus and should write to-the-point. You have to write essay from one of the given topic, in english or hindi.
*qualifying subjects-mains special-
it's common during study that, time is being shifted to the subjects which decides merit list. And Ignoring the qualifying subjects, it results that after whole preparation these candidates gets rejected. Because without qualifying in these subjects remaining subject- copies are not checked.to prepare these subjects you can prefer past 10yrs. Asked questions.
Remember preparation of civil service exam is the preparation of mental aptitude.so its necessary to develope civil eligibility, argument balancing, good in management. moreover, developing capacity to take favourable decisions in critical situations.if the described properties developed in a candidate then he/she can score well in prelims as well as in mains.
Moreover thorough look at the current issues via daily newspaper or telivision.
Ok, best of luck.
5th May 2011, 04:29 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

You have set a very good goal for yourself hence you need to be tough mentally and have to be serious about your aim.First thing you need to follow is that you always have to stay focused subjects like History and Civics,Geography,English.These subjects are the fundamentals and without being thorough in these subjects you cannot be qualified for the Preliminary test.

You even need to prepare a time table mentioning which subject or topic to be gone through and the specific date.Follow books of NCERT,Goyal Brother's Prakashan,Selina of Class 9th and 10th(CBSE and ICSE level).Am sure that thses books will definitely help you in the preparation part.

Read newspapers like Hindu daily so that you have a perfect idea about the current events.Becoming an IAS Officer is not an easy task hence you need to have a proper planning along with strategy.

Here i have attached the Syllabus part of Preliminary hence go through it and decide how and when to start your preparation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT-Syllabus-for-UPSC-Prelims-2011.pdf(61.9 KB, 90 views)
5th May 2011, 06:19 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Wink Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance exam while in B.E 1st year?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:

=>candidate should have minimun 21 age...

=>candidate should complete atleast one degree...

=>candidate should be an indian....

TO PREPARE YOURSELF ,FOLLOW THE STEPS GIVEN BELOW

=>update yourself in current affairs

=>read newspaper and magazines like india today to improve general knowledge

=>be strong in technical basics,as u are belonging to engineering students

=>u also need to concentrate in spoken hindi

=>improve your vocabulary skills

IT IS VERY GOOD TO U TO JOIN SUMMER COACHING CLASSES,BECAUSE COACHING CLASSES TEACH U SOME TRICKS AND TIPS TO CRACK THE EXAM IN FIRST ATTEMPT ITSELF

=>atlest spend 5 hours with the preparation tools of your ias exam....

be a talented guy among others..

it will become u ias...

all the best
~yogi~
12th May 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

wat is the prefered coaching centre for pursuing be student
13th May 2011, 11:48 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemraj bhardwaj1989 View Post
dear sir/madam i am studying in BE !st year i want to become IAS. please tell me how i can prepare myself for this test.
Thanks and Regards
Hemraj
It is good thing,But your studying first year and you have a three year.That why don't worry about that.First concentrate on your studying and Prepare as well as You should Prepare for Current Events,History of India,Political Systems,General Issues,sports,Decision making,Logical Reasoning,General Mental ability,General Science and focused on your options subjects.

There is consist of three levels.
  1. Preliminary
  2. Main
  3. Interview

Eligibility criteria :
  • You must be a graduate from a Recognized University.
  • Age Should Between 21 - 30 Yrs of age.
  • Relaxation for SC/ST and Obc Candidates.
  • Final Year of a degree course May also Apply.
More details,Visit the official websites : www.upsc.gov.in
18th May 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

how many times we can give ias exam?
19th May 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.a 1.i am preparing for civil services exam but not understanding towards which i should give more attention (pre or main).
16th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I am studying B.E. 3rd year EEE dept.My aim is to become an IAS officer.I clearly read about the qualifications for appearing the exam.What optional subject should i choose so that i can face it easily and i have a fear that my approach is late.i ve to start my preparations now only.is it enough to start ?or i should have started b4?pl help...
8th November 2011, 12:58 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

IAS is one of the toughest examinations in India, where a lot of candidates compete for a very few seats.

If you are in your 1st year, and right here you want to start your IAS preparations, then it's a very good sign and it gives you freedom to utilize the ample time you have to analyze, understand and grasp the concepts.

I am providing you all the basic information regarding IAS.

Eligibility :

1. Your age should be between 21-30 years (GEN), 21-33 years (OBC), 21-35 years (SC/ST).

2. You should be a graduate in any discipline, with a minimum 50% aggregate in your graduation.

3. Final year appearing students can also apply.

4. Candidates of any stream may apply, be it Science, Commerce or Arts stream.

Important Dates:

IAS Prelims & Mains 2012 :-

Date of Notification would be (approx):-19 Feb 2012

Last date for receipt of applications:- 21 Mar 2012

Date of Commencement and its duration:- 12 Jun 2012, 1 Day(Sunday).

I am attaching a latest syllabus for the IAS Prelims and Mains Examination.

Please take a look.

All the best.

Regards
~RJ~
Attached Files
File Type: doc IAS Exam Syllabus 2012.doc(22.5 KB, 90 views)
7th May 2014, 02:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You have to complete your graduation. Once you meet the eligibility criteria and form is filled, admit will come along with the exam details. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree. Jain IAS Circle and IPS Tuition in New Delhi are equally good for coaching.
18th March 2015, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I am unable to make long sentences and to express my views in english pls tell me to oercome this problem . At present I am devoting 5-6 hrs to read the hindu newspaper and word power made easy by norman Lewis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?