28th December 2015, 01:09 PM
nobody nnn

Is it possible to prepare for IAS exam after completing my incomplete graduation being a married girl?

Hi.. I am 23 yrs old girl and i did not complete my graduation. I failed in b.com 1st year and i passed 2nd year and 3rd year in 2013 . I did not complete then graduation bcoz of financial problem and i started job now i realize that and i want to give exam for an IAS. Is it possible at this stage if i start again my college and can give IAS exam..

28th December 2015, 08:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to prepare for IAS exam after completing my incomplete graduation being a married girl?

Yes, definitely you can appear in IAS exam after completion of your graduation that is B.Com.
But firstly you have to clear your first year.

Age 21 - 30 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
28th December 2015, 08:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to prepare for IAS exam after completing my incomplete graduation being a married girl?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services of India Government.

To apply for Civil Services examination, you must satisfy following eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

You must have completed bachelor's degree to apply for exam. With incomplete bachelor's degree, you can not apply for exam.

>>The age limit for general candidate is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

The notification for exam will be published on 23rd April, 2016 for next Civil Services examination.
28th December 2015, 09:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for Civil Services examination to become an I.A.S Officer.

To appear for examination it is necessary to have graduation degree from any recognised university without any backlogs.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree to appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category candidates.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th December 2015, 10:20 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can give exam if you again do your graduation. Now your age is 23 years, and if you go for your graduation which is of 3 years than your age will be 26 years after completing graduation. And you are pretty much eligible for the exam, because for IAS exam the maximum age limit is 32 years for General category candidates (in case OBC & SC/ST they got 3 year and 5 years age relaxation respectively). So go for your graduation and complete your graduation with at least 45% marks to qualify for the IAS exam and prepare for your exam and appear for the exam.
28th December 2015, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 6
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
29th December 2015, 02:30 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

It is conducted by UPSC every year.

Yes, you are eligible to write civil services examination but first of all you have to complete your graduation.

Your age should not be more than 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?