13th March 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

I have done my 11th class from cbse board this year. My result is yet to come. I am desperate to change my subjects in 12 th from PCB to PCM. Is it allowed by board ?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?
  2. Can I change board from CBSE to State board after 11th?
  3. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  4. What are the favourable and unfavourable factors of changing board from ICSE to CBSE for 11th standard?
  5. How can I change my school to study 12th CBSE after completing 11th?
  6. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  7. Is it possible to change to Delhi CBSE from Chennai CBSE when doing 12th?
  8. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  9. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  10. Can I get admission in 12th CBSE after failling in 11th CBSE?
  11. Is it beneficial to get admission in 12th from other Board if disqualified in 11th PCM CBSE? -- [New]
  12. Can I change from CBSE to State board in 11th standard?
  13. Whether a candidate from distance education can appear in 12th CBSE Board exam if not qualified in 11th?
  14. Can one get admission in 12th CBSE after failing in 11th
  15. Can we get admission in class 12th in other school of CBSE board after completing 11th?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission in same Board if quit from school after completing 11th?
  17. Is it possible to study 12th with MP Board if secured 71% in 11th CBSE?
  18. Am I eligible to change my school from Madhya Pradesh board to CBSE after completion of class 11th?
22nd March 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

cna i change sbject in 12th class if i have done 11th from art's and i m wishing to take commerce in 12th is it possible?
24th March 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

can i change my subjects in class 12th after passing in class 11th?
7th April 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

sir my daughter has passed class eleventh with english, math, chemistry,physics and IP now she wants to change IP to Hindi please give the detail of the procedure to change the subject
16th April 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i have passed class eleventh with English, Math, Business studies, Accountancy, Economics and now i want to change my optional subject maths i want to take Physicaleducation. please give the detail of procedure to change the subject.
20th April 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CHANGE THE SUBJECT IN CLASS 12 AFTER PASSING THE 11 CLASS TELL ME SIR
26th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

can i change my subject in 12 class if i have done 11th from computer science and i am wishing to take physical education in 12th? is it possible?
30th April 2012, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

can i change the subject in 12th after passing11th? i have done my 11th from c.b.s.e board this year. i have vocational stream now i want to take art.just tell me the procedure how to change
30th April 2012, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I have joined Grade 11 with the subjects Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology. I now think it would be easier to take IP. Can I change the subject or not. My aim is to become a chemical engineer.

Thank You
15th May 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

sir i pass xi in commerce and i wan to change my subject xii in maths is that possible to me...!
28th May 2012, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

can i change my subject to arts in12th after passing 11th by science.
28th May 2012, 06:15 PM
ambi_rajput

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i change my subject to arts in12th after passing 11th by science.
Hi, for this you will have to approach your school as different schools offer different subject combinations and the policy to change from one to another also varies from school to school. We suggest that you explain your dilemma to the school authorities and hope that they allow you to change over from Science to Arts. All the best!
22nd June 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

yes,u can change it but its all depend on the mood of CBSE board as it doesnt allow many pupils at a time to change it...
their are some formalities regarding dis as u have to submit an application with your 11th class report card to your respective region...and remember that ur principal is not having any right to say that ypur subjects will not change.
24th June 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i am currently studing with PCM,english.
Physical education and informatic practices are my optional subjects...
i want to change IP and opt Fine Arts as my extra sub...
is there any hope to do so??
PLEASE REPLY AS FAST AS POSSIBLE..
13th July 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my opetional subjest Maths into P.E now...???
13th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

No i am very sorry to say that is not possible anymore. Once you have locked your subject combination before you cannot change that in class 12.

The only option left now is to re appear class 11 which may or may not be a feasible option for you. Since you have already studied a year, wasting one more will be tough considering you have to more or less have to go through the same subjects once again since you only want to change biology to mathematics.

I would suggest you to reconsider your decision once again and be very clear about what you want to do. If you are very sure that this is what you want no matter what then you should go ahead with it since this one decision will be pivotal in shaping up your career and instead of living a life full of regrets, it is best to take risks like these because you never know this might just work wonder for you.

All the best dear
24th July 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered md javed

Default Re: Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year nd i will also change my school

Quote:
can i change my subjects in class 12th after passing in class 11th?
i am md javed. son of md jalil..... i am change my school nd my stream. my previeous stream is commers nd now i want art,s....am change my school because now we are sift from pratap vihar to krishan vihar.....my previous school isPSM public sr sec school nd my new school is RD public school.....so can u give me information to me it is possible if it is possible so give me some information how can i change my stream.... EMAIL ID [email protected] PHONE NO- 956002784
5th August 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Rules for Change in Subject

Change of subject(s) in class XI may be allowed by the Head of the School but not later than 31st of October of that academic session.

No candidate shall be permitted to change his subject of study after passing class IX or XI as the case may be.

The candidate shall not offer a subject in class X and XII which he has not studied and passed in class IX and XI respectively.

Notwithstanding anything contained in the rule 26(ii) and (iii), Chairman shall have the powers to allow a change in subject(s) to avoid undue hardship to the candidate provided such a request for change is made before 30th September.
14th August 2012, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

i have taken pcb in class 11th but i do not do now i have to take commerce in class 12 rajat
17th August 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am from commerce stream in class 12th. I want to change my optional subject from maths to hindi..can i change it plss give process how i can change my subject?
18th August 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12th & i have 6 subjects in commerce with maths but now i want to remove maths..can it b possible???
17th September 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

can i change addtional subjects?
18th September 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i change my subject in 1 after registeration...!
please tell me me sir as fast as possible!
18th September 2012, 06:26 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
I have done my 11th class from cbse board this year. My result is yet to come. I am desperate to change my subjects in 12 th from PCB to PCM. Is it allowed by board ?
HI!
I am sorry to say that you can not change the subject from physics, chemistry and Biology to physics, chemistry and maths.

Friend this you have to deiced after passing 10th.
Now you have to read biology instead of maths.

There are many scope in biology like:-
> M.B.B.S
> B.D.S
> B.H.M.S
etc
19th September 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

sir,i passed 11th from cbse with English,math,physics,chemistry,biology and physical education(6 subject).now i want to delete biology subject in 12th cbse board exam.so what is the procedure to make it(5 subject). akash agra
24th September 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed 11th from cbse with english,business studies,accounts,economics,information practice.now i want to change my optional subject in class 12th from information practice to entrepreneur.what procedure will follow to do this.
name=Mohit jangid
school=svps ,jaipur
6th October 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to change my choice of subjects. I would like to opt for Engineering Graphics instead of Physical Education. I am in class 11 now. is it possible? does the CBSE board forbid such a change?
2nd November 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am in class XI commerce,i want to change my subject from hindi to maths,Is this possible to change?
pls reply...
2nd November 2012, 09:14 PM
NIREEKSHANA BABU
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

Quote:

No i am very sorry to say that is not possible anymore. Once you have locked your subject combination before you cannot change that in class 12.

The only option left now is to re appear class 11 which may or may not be a feasible option for you. Since you have already studied a year, wasting one more will be tough considering you have to more or less have to go through the same subjects once again since you only want to change biology to mathematics.

I would suggest you to reconsider your decision once again and be very clear about what you want to do. If you are very sure that this is what you want no matter what then you should go ahead with it since this one decision will be pivotal in shaping up your career and instead of living a life full of regrets, it is best to take risks like these because you never know this might just work wonder for you.
18th November 2012, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

can i change my subject from computer to hindi
25th November 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

Sir can i change my subject from computer to hindi please say yes & tell me procedure too.
25th November 2012, 05:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you can't change your subjects in 12th class. Once you have opted for subjects in 11th class now you can't change anything.

If you want to change your subjects then you have to take admission in 11th class again.

Once you have selected a stream then you have to study that if you have passed 11th class with that stream.

Your admission into class 12th is on the basis of that stream hence you can't change any subjects now.

Hence you have to study these subjects if you want to pass 12th class this year.

After passing 12th you can change your stream very easily in your graduation.

So i will advice you to study hard and pass with this stream only and change your stream in graduation .
3rd December 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

can i change my optional subject computer science to physical education in 11th std itself after 2nd term exams?
4th December 2012, 02:37 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
See As I know there is no possibility that you can change your subject combination to something else, even if that is in science, in the middle of the course. Whatever you decide the course to be for 11th standard you have to stick to that course, when you are in 12th also. Although the examinations have become separate, but the subject combinations are taken for both years combined. So you stick to your PCB combination for now, although you said that you liked mathematics. And then my suggestion would be that since you like mathematics, please go for Mathematics honors. What do you think?
5th December 2012, 10:39 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I change the subjects in 12th after passing 11th? I have done my 11th from CBSE board this year

Quote:
Hi

You must have noticed that while you were studying in your Class 11th, your school must have got a form filled by you and all the subjects and all and personal details. That form is sent to the CBSE or whichever board you are doing it from.

That form is a record of how many students and from all the schools are going to take the CBSE Board Class 12th exams the next year. Now as per your query, you wish to take PCM whereas you have taken up PCB in your 11th. You have not mentioned which school are you from and so I would only suggest you that you contact your administrative office.

It actually depends from school to school who can get your subjects changed. But also remember that Maths is not easy at all and it would be really risky for you to take it up suddenly in your crucial board year. Still the final decision has to be yours. Though the PCB course is also not bad and has all the medical studies and jobs open for you, but if you wish to take PCM now then ONLY your administrative office or school authorities can help you with that..

No board be it CBSE, ICSE etc allows change of subjects in the 12th board class directly. However in the 11th class itself you can change it after a few months. Still hope for the best and give it a try..

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
1st January 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I convert my optional subject IT to physical education in 11th standard after passing 1st year exams.
1st January 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to take economics as main subject in 12th and want to leave physical
1st January 2013, 09:13 PM
24himani

Yes you can shift from IT to PHE.
It depends on the support from your school.
15th January 2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i want to know what all corses can i do after passing 12th with pcm,english,entrepreneurship?
22nd January 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i change my PCM group to PCMB group in my12.I am studying in 11th std.
8th February 2013, 03:24 PM
rch91

Quote:
Sorry to say but you cant change your subjects in 12th as per board rules. Moreover it would be difficult for you also as 11th is base class and half of the syllabus is covered itself in 11th class and you too have experienced it during your current class. So it would be good for you rather you have to pursue with non-medical stream in 12th.
28th February 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

is change of subject after passing xi possible?
14th March 2013, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

can i can change my subject in class 12th pcbm to pcm after passing 11th exam
18th March 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

I hhave done my 11 class wide non mede now i want to change it to commerce
19th March 2013, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

If i take PCM with Biology in class 11, will i be able to opt or medical examinations like AIPVT or AIPMT in future?
19th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

If i opt for PCM with biology inclass 11, will i be able to appear for medical entrances like AIPVT and NEET in future?
21st March 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i change my computer science subject to physcial education as a 5th subject in class 12th?
27th March 2013, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

I have opted for Commerce with subjects English, Economics, Accounts, Maths and Business Studies.I performed worst in Maths in annuals and got compartment.Now I want to go for commerce without Maths which includes English, Economics, Accounts, Financial Marketing and Computers.
Is it possible?
29th March 2013, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

How to change subject after 11th from science-maths to commerce-physical
29th March 2013, 05:02 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Hi dear..

Once a students is enrolled in a stream for +1, all the particulars are sent to Board by the school authorities, and they are registered for +2 board exams.

Once that form is filled and sent to the board for finalization, no provision is there to change the stream. However, if the form is still with the school authorities, then you may request your Principal/Director and give an application to change the school, if they allows then only you can change your stream.

The only feasible option if the above not works is you have to register as a new candidate in +1 opting for the desired stream the consecutive year.

So, in this way, you have to just waste your 1 year more.

Sometimes, it's not good for many students, however, if it's feasible for you, then this is the only option to change stream.

All the best..!!

Regards..!!
Sammy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?