21st August 2014, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for M.Tech from anywhere else if got no call from IITs? Which college should I prefer?

hello sir,
i have secured 871 rank in GATE 2014 with a score 683. and yet i have not received any call from any of IIT for m.tech. Should I go for m.tech or Any other option available for me.....
Please tell me what are the career opportunities after m.tech. and which college should i prefer for m.tech???
Plz help me, I am totally confused....

23rd August 2014, 01:34 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech from anywhere else if got no call from IITs? Which college should I prefer?

Congrats for qualifying GATE as it is a very prestigious exam conducted by IITs. Also it is considered as one of the toughest exams of India.

If you aren't getting admission in IITs then, you can look for NITs and other Government colleges which are offering M.Tech. program. There are many Central Government Universities which offer M.Tech course and surely you can try there as they too have good faculty.

The main scope of M.Tech is in research and teaching field. So, if you are interested in research in your respective field then do go for M.Tech as after completion of M.Tech you can apply for JRF which is a step towards entering the research field.

If you are not getting admission into Government Engineering College after qualifying GATE then you should avoid doing it as the fee in private colleges is very high and also quality is not up to standard.

There is also option to apply for job in PSUs which give jobs on the basis of GATE score. If you don't go for M.Tech then opt for job because in the end you have to settle your career with a handsome salary. Hence, it is better to start doing job as early as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?