14th May 2011, 01:42 PM
shrey naik

Am I eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th in commerce stream?

sir,i have completed 12th standard with commerce stream and i am intrested in joining navy or air-force. so ,suggest me which is elegible for me and whta is the procedure of it?

Related Questions:
  1. Job in USA after BDS from Myanmar? Can I continue to study MDS or DDS in USA?
  2. Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible for navy and airforce after 10th science stream and 12th art stream?
  4. Which courses am I eligible in Air Force after completing 12th in Commerce stream and have scored 75%?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing graduation in BBA?
  6. Can I get a job of merchant navy after completing my 12th class with commerce stream with 80%?
  7. Am I eligible to join Indian Army having completed 12th with Commerce and without Mathematics and pursuing final year of BBA?
  8. Can I join Air Force in Y Group? I have completed 12th in commerce stream
  9. How can I join AIr Force Y group after completing 12th with 69% in commerce stream
  10. Am I eligible to join the Merchant Navy course after passing 12th with 60% marks in commerce stream with Maths?
  11. Can Commerce students apply for Navy or Air Force? Can I apply for Air Force or Navy after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing 9th class?
  12. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  13. Can I join Indian Army, Air force, Navy after 12th? I am 11th commerce student
  14. Can I appear in NDA entrance exam if pursuing 11th Arts with Mathematics?
  15. What are the career options except engineering? Details about the information of ISRO test?
  16. Procedure for joining Indian Navy after 12th with Commerce
  17. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education? -- [New]
  18. How to join Indian Navy as an officer after completing 12th with biomaths stream?
31st August 2011, 10:38 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th in commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey naik View Post
sir,i have completed 12th standard with commerce stream and i am intrested in joining navy or air-force. so ,suggest me which is elegible for me and whta is the procedure of it?
After Completing 12Th examination candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA Examination, If your aim is to join Defense services.

>> NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and to apply for this examination you need to complete your 12Th examination. Candidates may apply for any one of the Wings -

>>>> Army Wings
>>>> Air- Force Wings
>>>> Naval Wings.

Since you are from Commerce Stream, So you are Only eligible to apply for Army Wings Post. because for this post any stream candidates are eligible.

And For Army wings and Naval Wings, you need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Maths as a compulsory subjects in your 12Th examination, But you have passed form commerce, so you are Not eligible for Air-Force and Naval Academy.

>> To apply for NDA Examination, Your age should between 16.5 to 19 years.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website, So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
31st August 2011, 10:58 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th in commerce stream?

because you have done your your 12th standard from the commerce steam so, you are not eligible for the AIRFORCE TEST.
so, you have to apply in the army department.
if you done your graducation then it will be best for you...then you are able to give CDS exam for army officier.
31st August 2011, 11:30 AM
NEIL6

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. By applying for this exam you are eligible for

getting enrolled in army,navy and air force. Air force and Navy demands your 12th with

physics and maths as a compulsory subjects but u have your 12th in commerce stream.

So you are not eligible for Air force and Navy. You can only apply for army by giving NDA

test if you want lieutenant rank.

Best wishes!
31st August 2011, 12:36 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

No. you are not eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th in commerce stream.

the criteria for NDA exam is

1.Only 12th with science with PCM combination candidate are allow.

2.minimum 60% marks in class 12th exam.

3.age limit 16.5-19 years.

4.minimum height 165cm.

but you can give CDS exam after graduation.

all the best..............
31st August 2011, 01:28 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Hello friend

yes you are eligible to appear in the NDA exma that stands for National Defense acdemy and for this exam you need to be 12th pass in any stream for army wings and for other wings that are navy and air force wings you need to be passed in 12th with PCM combination
31st August 2011, 01:53 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To Enter Defense service soon after 12th,you can enter by appear National Defense Academy (NDA) exam.If you qualify in this exam you can either join Indian Air Force/Indian Army/Indian Navy.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy:
Education Qualification:
Candidate should complete 12th class with PCM stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Army:
Education Qualification:
Candidate should complete 12th class with any stream.
Age limit:

As you have complete 12th class with commerce stream,so you are not eligible for Indian Navy,but your eligible for Indian Army.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 73 views)
31st August 2011, 06:11 PM
rana2011
Banned

you have done your your 12th standard from the commerce steam so, you are not eligible for the AIRFORCE TEST.
so, you have to apply in the army department.
if you done your graducation then it will be best for you...then you are able to give CDS exam for army officier.Thanks!!
17th September 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I am studying b.com 2year my wish is i want to join in indian army as a officer . Pls giv me a guid lines and the procedures for that.
22nd September 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

What about diploma computers science
24th September 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

good afternoon sir,
I have done 12th class with commerce scheme and computer diploma. And appeared mech. Engg..
I am interested in air force and indian navy.
8th October 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

i m in class 12th ... nd i m frm d commerce background ....so would i b eligible ....for d merchant navy ...or Air force ... nd if not ... would i b eligible 2 work in d ground department...????
16th October 2011, 12:57 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

To Enter Defense service soon after 12th,you can enter by appear National Defense Academy (NDA) exam.If you qualify in this exam you can either join Indian Air Force/Indian Army/Indian Navy.

Education Qualification:
Age limit:

Education Qualification:
Age limit:

As you have complete 12th class with commerce stream,so you are not eligible for Indian Navy,but your eligible for Indian Army
16th October 2011, 01:03 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Education Qualification:
Age limit:

Education Qualification:
Age limit:

As you have complete 12th class with commerce stream,so you are not eligible for Indian Navy,but your eligible for Indian Army
28th October 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

good afternoon sir,
I have done 12th class with commerce scheme and computer diploma in' C ' langwage ..
I am interested in air force and indian navy. B.COM WITH 58% marks.
please tell me
31st October 2011, 03:58 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

dear,
no you are not applicable for the navy after your 12th with arts.
you are eligibile when you have maths in 12th level education.
but some time many vacancy have arts student in the navy as a sailor or apprentice.
you can apply for them.

you have to do graduation after your graduation you can apply for the india navy. for good posts as a officers.level.

for more information visit the indian navy website:
www.indiannavy.nic.in///

best of luck.....
30th November 2011, 06:02 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation which is really appreciable..Its good to know that, you are interested in Indian navy.For making a way in Indian navy, there are two examination, both are conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].

First examination is NDA [NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY] & other one is CDSE [COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION].
Through this examinations, one can apply in all the combatant branches of the INDIAN army, i.e. in NAVAL,AIR FORCE ,MILITARY BRANCHES..

Eligibility for NDA examination-

A 12th degree from the recognized college.
But for apply in NAVAL & AIR FORCE, you must have Physics & Maths as your passing subjects in 12th.

You must have scored at least 60% in 12th (aggregate).

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.there are is not any kind of age relaxations are applicable for any reserved category.

You must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.

Exam pattern-

Eligibility criteria for the CDS examination-

A graduation degree from the recognized college.For apply in naval & air force , you must have physics & maths in graduation degree, you must have 60% in graduation(agregate).

The age limit for the IAF [INDIAN AIR FORCE] is 19-23 years,
for INDIAN NAVY is 19-22 years,
For IMA [INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY] is 19-25 years,.

There is not any of age relaxations is applicable for any reserved category.

Exam pattern-

I AM VERY SORRY TO SAY THAT, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE INDIAN NAVAL & AIR FORCE , BUT YOU CAN STILL APPLY FOR THE INDIAN MILITARY FORCE.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
9th December 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

List all the entrance exams and tests which can be attempted by a student of class 12th appearing or afterwards for any defece services...
11th December 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I am from commerce stream and i had maths,but i am taking private coaching for physics.now can i choose the air force wing? Will they accep it?
11th December 2011, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

I am from commerce stream and i have maths,but i am also taking private coaching for physics.Now can i choose the air force wing? Is it acceptable?
20th December 2011, 03:40 PM
shri ram sharma

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th in commerce stream?

Quote:
hi,NDA examinations are the best way to join the defence services in india.

ELIGIBLITY:

1. a candidate should have complete 10+2 .

2.AGE limit between 17 to 19 years.

after 10+2 you are eligible for NDA exam.
The indian Air Force aims to nurture aspirants and mould them into warriors who are physically and mentally strong, to guard the Country. A wide range of careers are in the Indian Air Force.Various sectors in the Indian Air Force, where one can find and secure careers .some of them are listed below :
· Flying
· Technical
· Administration
· Logistics
· Accounts
· Education
· Meteorology
· Medical branches

A career in the Indian Air Force is quite adventurous, very interesting and secure. But each job profile in the Air Force requires the applicant to be eligible in a few specific conditions. But once in and you are part of the Indian Air Force, you don’t have to turn back.
The following job profiles are available in Air Force.
· Fighter Pilot
· Transport Pilot
· Helicopter pilot
· Flying officer
· Flying Instructor
· Fighter Combat leader
· Flight Commander
· Squadron Commanding Officer
· Technical Engineer
· Airman in Technical and Non technical trades
· Logistics Manager
· Logistics Administrator
· Air traffic Controller
· Meteorological Branch Officer
· Accounts Officer
· Research and Analysis Officer
for more information .i have providing a link goto link : http://www.indiannavy.nic.in/
good of luck http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
21st December 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

is i am eligible 4 indian navy and indian air force after completing my 12th having science stream 60% marks and with 1 year completing my BTECH ???
25th January 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for merchant navy after completing 12th in commerce stream with maths
28th January 2012, 02:02 AM
jambeshwarnayak

5th February 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

am i applicable for indian defence services (especially iaf & an) after completing b.com.
my name is ranjit siyariya contact no. 8141700723
plz give your views
5th February 2012, 08:14 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

No friend, Commerce stream students are not eligible for joining in Navy or
Air force. If you want to join in any defense services of India you are eligible to join in Army.

To join in Navy or Air force there are many ways. Two important ways are to clear any of the entrance exam conducted by UPSC commission. Those exams are NDA and CDS for which 12th std finish is required for former and graduation is required for latter. Through both exams you can join in Navy or Air force. But for that you must have selected science as your stream in 12th std and graduation.
5th February 2012, 09:20 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy and Air Force of NDA after completing 12th Commerce as the requirement for this is from 12th Science stream.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having appeared for final 12th exam or passed fro any discipline with good physical fitness is eligible to apply for NDA.

The candidate with 12th qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all three wings of NDA.

As you are from Commerce stream you are only be eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

am I eligible to go for air force,.?
I'd compelte my b.com f.y in commerce.
21st July 2012, 07:42 PM
sejad sorathya

Quote:
sir kaindly give your sagetions
26th January 2014, 11:09 PM
Chandr prakash kashyap

Default Re: Am I eligible for Navy and Airforce after completing 12th

Completing 12Th examination candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA Examination, If your aim is to join Defense services.

>> NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and to apply for this examination you need to complete your 12Th examination. Candidates may apply for any one of the Wings -

>>>> Army Wings
>>>> Air- Force Wings
>>>> Naval Wings.

Since you are from Stream, So you are Only eligible to apply for Army Wings Post. because for this post any stream candidates are eligible.

And For Army wings and Naval Wings, you need to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and as a compulsory subjects in your 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?