17th December 2010, 09:26 PM
Shailesh Agrawal

Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

i am 12th from commerce stream and want to go in Airforce or Merchant navy. can i apply for it? i have so much interest in economics, history as well as mathematics.

24th December 2010, 02:40 PM
bikenindia

Default Re: Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

Hi,
I think you will not be eligible for Airforce if you are from commerce stream.
But may be, merchant navy may be possible.
Check the eligibility of the merchant navy.

All the best.
25th December 2010, 03:47 AM
nishant1110

Default Re: Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

Yes for Merchant Navy, No for Air Force. You will have to handle the managerial aspects of shipment, contracts, container delivery, container setup on deck etc. in Merchant Navy
1st February 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

CAN A 12 CAMMERCE STUDEVT CAN DO MERCHANT NAVY
14th February 2011, 12:34 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
Yes for Merchant Navy, No for Air Force. You will have to handle the managerial aspects of shipment, contracts, container delivery, container setup on deck etc. in Merchant Navy.
Thanks.
Best of luck.
26th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

When will the admission opens?
30th March 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian army after passing 12th with commerce..
1st April 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i have glasses and i want to kno if i can still join the merchant navy?
6th April 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

I am from commerce stream and to join merchant navy
16th April 2011, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

i had appeared for my 10 2 exam and i want to join merchant navy. plz sir inform me the posts available for me and eligibility also.
24th April 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my 12th class from open school so can i join merchant navy
25th April 2011, 12:18 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Can I join Air force or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce with good percent.You will have to handle the managerial aspects of shipment, contracts, container delivery, container setup on deck etc. in Merchant Navy
25th April 2011, 12:20 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

yes, you Can join Air force or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce with good percent.You will have to handle the managerial aspects of shipment, contracts, container delivery, container setup on deck etc. in Merchant Navy
25th April 2011, 12:31 AM
amahajan

Educational qualification: The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. He should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.
16th May 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i m gng to complete my 12th in 2012.nd aftr that i want any job in merchant navy can any1 suggest me any job plz
27th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck). To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping):-

Officers

3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10 2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10 2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10 2) students.

Rating (Entry standard Xth)

4 month Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose (GP) rating.

3 month Pre-Sea Course for Deck rating.

3 month Pre-Sea Course for Engine rating.

4 month Pre-Sea Course for Saloon rating.
28th May 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

can i join airforce after complition of my 10 th.what is scop for the girl in air force
11th June 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

yes if i complete graduation in commerce and i allready complete my 10th mnt seatime
so can i go for 2nd mate exam in uk plz give me rep
27th June 2011, 01:06 PM
RAKHA tyagi

Dear Sir

3rd July 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10 2 with 75% can i join in air force as pilot
10th July 2011, 04:55 AM
sonam wangdi

hi friend..
since you are from commerce background you cannot apply for airforce...but you can try for nay merchant..
for that there are various entrance exams like IGNOU,IIT-JEE etc u have to appear for it.
then after that there will be one year training...
if your marks are less in 12th and graduation the u need to have at least 50%..
hope these information will help you..
all the best..
thank you..
12th July 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i will complete my 12th in 2013,in commerce stream and i wear spects also! so can i join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th ?? what should i have to do for it?? i have no knowledge about it...so plz give me my ans anyone in [email protected]
13th July 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I m doin bsc maths hons after doin 12th in commmerce stream can i opt for manchant navy????? ....pls rply faster
21st July 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

sir my age is 21 and i want to join merchant navy and in 12 std i have not taken maths so can i apply for merchant navy and if yes than what are the procedur
21st August 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

i can join the u.s airforce.i m coplete 12th sciense(PCM)
29th September 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

i am learing in first year engg. can i join IAF
24th November 2011, 01:06 PM
Rahul singh raghav

Default Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?

[QUOTE=Rahul singh;277382]i am 12th from commerce stream and want to go in Airforce or Merchant navy. can i apply for it? i have so much interest in economics, history as well as mathematics and accounts,am aleady job in account but am join airforce am b-come 2nd year
4th December 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

No u cant join merchant navy u should be science student
20th March 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

please give me detail about comm strem i am totally confused bw non medical and com
which streaam shoul i opt
1st April 2012, 12:50 AM
poole

The eligibility for merchant navy is a 12 pass in pcm from a recognised university with 50% marks so you are eligible for the same.you can enquire in the recognised university where you can get direct admission some colleges may conduct entrance test followed by interview.you should have had english as a special subject.for rest details please visit the official site.
1st April 2012, 12:53 AM
poole

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy after 12th standard:
Candidate should have completed 12th standard with PCM stream from recognized university.
Age should be between 16 to 19 years.
You can get admission below mentioned colleges to pursue Merchant Navy course.
By contacting below mentioned colleges,you will get admission directly.
Career in merchant navy can be pursued either as an officer or a ratiing in mainly two specialized fields i.e marine engineering and nautical engineering.+2 candidates can apply for Deck cadet.As you scored only 58.8 percent so you are not eligible fos merchant navy because eligiblity is that a candidate must have scored min.60 percent marks in pcm,should be physicaly fit.
1st April 2012, 01:14 AM
poole

hi

Eligibility criteria & the procedure to join Merchant Navy
Eligibility for Merchant navy
Student must have passed 10+2 from recognized school or board.
Student must have PCM as combination subjects fro being eligible for Merchant navy.
Also students passing marine engineering can also take admission into Merchant navy.
You can also try for NAVY through following schemes......
SSC Pilot entry scheme.
NCC Special Entry Indian Naval Academy scheme
SSC Naval Armament Inspection cadre scheme

good luck
12th April 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Do girls have any opportunities Airforce after 12th commerce with Mathematics? How can I apply for it?

pls help me with proper guidance
9th June 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

THERE IS ANY JOB FOR 12TH STUDENTS COMMERCE STREAM AND THEY ARE ABLE CONTINUE THEIR DEGREE
13th June 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

can i join airforce or merchant navy after completion of 12th non medical?
23rd October 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

24th October 2012, 12:06 AM
vikalp12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shailesh Agrawal View Post
i am 12th from commerce stream and want to go in Airforce or Merchant navy. can i apply for it? i have so much interest in economics, history as well as mathematics.
yes u can apply, air force conduct a test called AFCAT teo times in a year, u can give it, or for navy u can see on Indian Navy website
24th October 2012, 01:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shailesh Agrawal View Post
Hey friend,

Being a candidate of +2 from commerce stream,you are not eligible for joining in either Air Force or Merchant Navy as you are not possessing the needed qualification for joining in them.

The minimum qualification needed for applying for the entrance exam as it is the only procedure for joining and as per that you need to have completed +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

So,you are not eligible for joining in Indian Air Force.

And in the case of joining in Merchant Navy this qualification is not much satisfying as you have only completed +2,but for joining in Merchant navy you need to have completed a degree and that to should be from B.E in Marine Engineering , M.E Marine Engineering , B.sc Nautical Science.

So,it is not possible for joining in Merchant Navy as per the qualification of yours.It is better that you finish the respected degree and then join.

ALL THE BEST
16th December 2012, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE FAILED IN 10th maths and after words i have cleared it, and now am in 12th commerce with the subjects of english,hindi.economics,o.c,b.k and s.p so can i be eligible for merchant navy?
11th November 2013, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th non-medical?
28th March 2014, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I am Bilal have completed my H.s.c from commerce & currently studing in f.y.b.com want to join in merchant navy how should i go about it & seek admission in respected institution which will help me to be a part of merchant navy please suggest me recognised institutions or give me valid & helpful knowledge for the same.

awaiting for your kind reply
Thanks
Bilal.M
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?