6th November 2014, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I choose between B.Tech and B.Sc(Maths)? Scope of B.Sc(Maths)?

Hello
My daughter is in 12 th Std CBSE.She has good mathematical aptitude. She is now a bit confused as to whether she should go for B Tech or Bsc Math after 12 th Std? Please advise.What is the scope in Bsc Math?
please advice me.

24th November 2014, 08:48 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose between B.Tech and B.Sc(Maths)? Scope of B.Sc(Maths)?

It is going to be a crucial as well as tough decision to make whether your daughter should go for B.Tech or BSc course. This is because she is good at mathematics, hence she can excel both at BSc or B.Tech as both involves Mathematics to a great extent. With respect to the scope point of view, B.Tech has definitely greater scope as compared to BSc. Hence the decision should be taken considering her long term goal. If she wants to go for job just after graduation then B.Tech would be an easy option. However, for B.Tech knowledge in computers and Physics is important. Hence if she is comfortable in these two fields, B.Tech is a better choice. Otherwise she can go for BSc as it also has good scope provided she excels at it.

She can opt for employment in various sectors after completion of BSc in Mathematics. However, such opportunities will be brighter when she completes higher education like MSc and PhD. She can work in :-
1.Insurance.
2.Marketing Sector.
3.Banking.
4.Software.
5.Cryptography.
6.Research,etc.
25th November 2014, 12:20 PM
praddy11
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I choose between B.Tech and B.Sc(Maths)? Scope of B.Sc(Maths)?

It is all depends on what she want to be...
Her maths is good but Btech is not only related to maths there are various subjects in Btech.
She can do BSc maths or she can go for finance sector where lots of maths calculations required.
risk management, finance analyst , banking, teaching(professor), all this profiles are suitable for the one who have good mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?