17th February 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply to study PhD in Pune University if completed Master's in Geography with 8.63 percentile?

Hi,
I am a master in Geography, Have 8.63 percentile, in Master degree.
How can I apply for PhD course in Pune university.
when does the application forms going to be issue for this year?
waiting for your response

Related Questions:
  1. PhD in Geography is possible after M.Com?
  2. Which is more preferable, either M.Phil or Ph.D? I've completed MA in geography
  3. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  4. Date of entrance exam for admission in Ph.D in Law from Pune University? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  6. List of jobs available for an M.Sc(GIS) gradudate from University of Pune? I've also completed MA in geography but not having any work experiences
  7. Best possible method to pursue PhD Geography from US or UK?
  8. Which colleges can I get in Pune after scoring 73 percentile in MH CET?
  9. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?
  10. Can I apply in best university for Ph.D in Psychology if pursuing graduation from distance education? Is there any shortest way to pursue Ph.D program?
  11. How to get admission in Ph.D in Germany after completing masters in economics in Pune University?
  12. Is there any professional course related to geography? I have completed graduation in Geography from Calcutta University
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Commerce at Jiwaji University if completed M.Phil from Pune University?
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Pune University for MPM postgraduate? When the entrance exam will be held?
  15. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  16. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany, Norway after completing masters in plasma and particle physics?
  17. Information and details about faculties in Pune University for Ph.D in Sociology program?
  18. Date of Entrance Exam for Ph.D Geography of Pune university?
19th February 2015, 10:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply to study PhD in Pune University if completed Master's in Geography with 8.63 percentile?

You are definitely eligible for Ph.D in the same subject if you have passed Master's degree in Geography with 8.63 percentile which is clearly above 55% marks. You have to appear for Ph.D entrance exam and interview for getting admission in the Ph.D program. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

You must also try to clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF because if you manage to qualify then you will be exempted from any entrance exam and can directly for Ph.D admission by appearing for interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?