17th March 2015, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

Candidate few month more than 27 years is eligible for Staff Selection Commission exam?

Generally the age limit is upto 27 years for most of the staff selection commission. My question is that if any one is 27 means 27 years some months then wil he be able to apply that position??

18th March 2015, 08:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Candidate few month more than 27 years is eligible for Staff Selection Commission exam?

Whether a candidate is eligible or not basically depends on "The Caste Category of a Candidate" to apply for SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Examination. So if a candidate belongs to OC (Open Category) Or General Category then he/ she is not eligible to apply at all for SSC Exams since there is no age relaxation is applicable for General Category Candidates. But if it is case with SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen then, candidates can undoubtedly apply for Staff Selection Commission having more than 27 years of age. So Once again telling you, whether a candidate is eligible or not generally depends on his/ her's caste category.

For General Category Students - NO age relaxation

For OBC/ ST/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen - Age relaxation is available for 3 years/ 5 years/ 5 years/ 10 years/ 10 years respectively.
23rd March 2015, 08:50 AM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Candidate few month more than 27 years is eligible for Staff Selection Commission exam?

hello dear,

SSC provide many types of exams these are 12th level , graduate level, sub inspector and so on, so the age are different - different for every jobs ......

but there are some age relaxation for every exam as below:-

for sc category = 5 years
for obc category = 3 years

SO ,if you belong to sc or obc then you can apply ..........

thank you
25th March 2015, 10:13 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Candidate few month more than 27 years is eligible for Staff Selection Commission exam?

If that is the case then you will be allowed in the staff selection commission with the Age relaxation category. As per the government rules ,Various reserved categorized students have the Age relaxation. For OBC --- 3 years ,For SC/ST --- 5 years ,For PH candidates ----10 years .

If in this case also you have crossed the Age limit then only you are not eligible to apply for the Staff selection Examination.In SSC ,it recruits the candidates for various posts and the eligibility criteria including with age criteria will vary.
5th July 2019, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I applicable for job if my age is 27 yrs 10 months and the job condition is below 27 yrs
12th July 2021, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

You mentioned there is relaxation for ex-servicemen , does it mean for ex- service man child
21st June 2022, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

my age is 35 yeras . but the post vacant the upper age limit 27 yeras can i apply for this job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?