21st March 2015, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

What NIOS board is all about? Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10+2?

What is NIOS all about? can i give an exam for maths through NIOS as i din't had maths in 10 2?

23rd March 2015, 08:29 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: What NIOS board is all about? Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10+2?

NIOS (National institute of open schooling) is an open schooling in which a student takes admission when the student is unable to get admission in any other board then they prefer open schooling, since it is an open schooling board so the eligibility criteria is less than other board 45% is the minimum criteria for admission in class 10th and 12th for admission in other class also the criteria is little lower than regular schools and it is the university which is run by the Indian government by ministry of Human Resource Development.

No you cannot appear for mathematics as you have pursued you class 12th from different university and now for only one paper you are not allowed to give one paper so in order to appear for mathematics you need to repeat class 11th again and then you have to appear for board exam again that is the only way to give your mathematics paper.
24th March 2015, 12:41 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What NIOS board is all about? Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10+2?

* National institute of open schooling (NIOS) offers general and academic courses at secondary and senior secondary level.

* NIOS is an educational organization which imparts education through open and distance learning mode.

* NIOS follows learners centric approach of teaching through open and distance learning mode. The learners are free to choose subject combinations as per their needs. The learners have freedom to appear in examination in their subjects as per their preparation.

* Head quarters of NIOS is situated at A-24-25, Institutional area, Sector-62, NIODA, UP.

* The official website of NIOS is http://www.nios.ac.in/

* Yes, you can give the mathematics paper from NIOS as these certificates are valid, recognized and at par with the other national and state boards of school eduction.
25th August 2015, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What NIOS board is all about? Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10 2?

i have given 10 2 from CBSE with biology now i want to appear for math Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10 2?
27th August 2015, 01:21 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Default Re: What NIOS board is all about? Can I give Maths paper if I did not had Maths in 10 2?

NIOS :- National Institute of Open Schooling .
-> One who didn't did 10th or 12th from any recognized college have the chance to go for NIOS .
-> This is open degree format but equally treated as that of degree from any recognized university .
-> But it is somewhat valuable ,
this type format is suitable to candidates who are not able to complete their degree from any college .
-> But it is very easy and in emergency cases which is indeed , certificate plays a key role .
As you said that you completed your 12th from so so college , you are not eligible. to pursue 12th exam from NIOS .
27th August 2015, 03:12 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.
It is the most popular board for the student to get certificate through open schooling.
NIOS is approved and recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Department , Government of India.
Student need to apply for On-Denand examination of Mathematics if the student have appeared in 12th board examination without mathematics as a subject from other board.
So, you can apply for only mathematics examination.
27th August 2015, 05:40 PM
sumitrahul76

NIOS stands for national institute of open school.
It is a well known board for open schooling.
It is ministery of human resource department,government of India.
Yes, you can apply only for mathematics examination of 12th from NIOS through on demand examination policy.
For this you have to fill a registered form if on demand examination either through NIOS offices avialable generally in all cities or through their website
It will be better to contact NIOS offices to the on demand examination policy.
27th August 2015, 07:32 PM
newmoon06

NIOS stands for National institute for Open Schooling. NIOS is an open schooling board. In NIOS there is no need for you to attend the regular classes.
NIOS is highly recognized and reputed board.Through NIOS you can appear as a private student.
NIOS has same value as the other recognized boards. Through NIOS you can get admission in any university further.

If you ahve passed your 12th from other University/ Board so, you cannot give the exam of maths directly. You, need to take admission in class 11th first, after that you will be eligible to give exam of maths from NIOS.
20th June 2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I have both the certificates one is class 12 and other from NIOS ?
10th August 2017, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

I failed to clear maths in July compartment examination. I passed in Physics Chemistry English and Biology in class 12 from CBSE but not in maths can I give only maths and get a pass certificate from NIOS
5th October 2017, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

If I pass maths subject through n.i.o.s on demand exam, and chemistry, physics, computer science and English through CBSE can I eligible to join in engineering?
28th October 2017, 01:10 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is an open schooling board. In NIOS there is no need to attend regular classes.
A candidate has to go for exams only.
NIOS is highly recognised board of India.
NIOS is similar to CBSE ISC or state boards of India.

You are not allowed to give one subject exam through NIOS. If you want to repeat your class 12th than only you are eligible to do so.
7th June 2018, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 and 12 class in Nios, but I have not taken maths, but now I want to appear for BCA
I want to give maths exam of 12th. can I give on demand examination.
19th August 2019, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Someone tell me that physics and chemistry from cbse and math from nios is valid
15th November 2019, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I had not opted for Physics in my 11th and 12th std. I have passed these stds from maharashtra board without physics. I now wish to give NEET for which i require Physics, Chemistry and Biology. So can I now appear for my Physics paper through NIOS?
1st January 2020, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to repeat 12th to do maths after completing 12th from saudi arabia with pcb and english?
31st May 2020, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am an pcb 12 student present writing board exams can i write mathematics exam through NIOs
17th July 2020, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

I had done my 12 from cbse board with pcb subject. After completing bca i want to take admission in mca in jnu can do 12 with mathematics as subject.
6th October 2020, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I pass out from 12th nios in subject English,physics,Hindi,homescience and environmental science can i applying for competitive exam
6th March 2021, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

can i give class 12th math exam from nios without giving class 11th math exam first? will i be eligible for this?
27th March 2021, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12 cbse board exams but now since I have low marks for mathematics I can't apply for afcat. So if I give only math exam from NIOS , is it okay to apply for afcat along with my CBSE 12 certificate.?
19th May 2021, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I give only maths exam after 12th
23rd November 2021, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

What can i do if i have to give maths exam through nios if i have passed my 12th exam with pcb grp without maths
24th January 2022, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I didn't had maths as my high school subject and I want to do bsc biology from canada so will I be eligible if I do maths from NIOS.
7th July 2022, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Nios senior secondery question math 2021
28th December 2022, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I give only math exam if I scored less than 60 marks?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?