22nd March 2015, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Can a student with M.Sc degree Chemistry eligible to do Ph.D in Biotechnology?

Can a student holding MSc (Hons.)degree in chemistry pursue Ph.D in biotechnology? What would be the basic requirement for doing Ph.D in Biotechnology? How to ensure that I will complete the course without any problems? Kindly guide me.

23rd March 2015, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student with M.Sc degree Chemistry eligible to do Ph.D in Biotechnology?

The eligibility criteria varies in different Universities for admission in Ph.D Biotechnology. Most of the Universities ask for M.Sc/M.Tech Biotechnology degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized University. Some Universities give admission in any Master's in Science with 55% marks. If you have studied biotechnology as a subject in the Master's degree then you won't face any issues in admission.

Admission in most of the Universities in purely based on the performance in the NET/SLET/JRF/GATE exams. If you have got excellent score then you will be eligible for admission in top Universities.
25th March 2015, 09:47 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

Default Re: Can a student with M.Sc degree Chemistry eligible to do Ph.D in Biotechnology?

Dear Friend,
You are eligible for admission in Ph.D degree in subject of Biotechnology.
Just you have to fill some requirements are..
@ 55% marks in your M.Sc degree.
@ you have completed minimum 3 year full time Bachelor degree.

Best of luck.
31st December 2020, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of msc. Chemistry can do PhD in biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?