3rd August 2013, 08:53 PM
BASAKANNIE

How can I get admission in Ph.D? I am a student of MSc Chemistry

I am a student of MSc chemistry.. Can i get the admission in phd in any chemical labs through GATE only? Will they give fellowships during my phd.(5 years).

Related Questions:
  1. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  2. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry
  3. How can I pursue Ph.D in Chemistry through GATE?
  4. Am I eligible for PhD in Chemistry after M.Sc in Applied Chemistry? Scope of Applied Chemistry in research field?
  5. Detailed information about the universities conducting Integrated Ph.D(Chemistry) and M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exams? Which university offers M.Sc Nuclear Chemistry course? How can I get admission?
  6. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD?
  7. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  8. Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry? -- [New]
  9. Is there M.Sc-PhD(Chemistry) dual degree at IIT Chennai? What should I do to get in there?
  10. How to get admission into MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am a BSc final year student with chemistry honors
  11. How to get admission into Ph.D course in chemistry?
  12. Colleges offering PhD in Chemistry through distance course?
  13. PhD in Chemistry Colleges or Universities with affordable fee structures
  14. List of the distance education universities offering Ph.D in Inorganic Chemistry? How to get admission?
  15. Steps after clearing NET JRF for PhD entrance?
  16. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to find good colleges and good guide for PhD? Is NET necessary for pursuing PhD?
  18. Can I appear for JAM exam for admission into integrated MSc Ph.D? My subjects are Chemistry, Zoology and Biotechnology
6th April 2019, 06:56 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get admission in Ph.D? I am a student of MSc Chemistry

Yes. You can get admission to Ph.D (Chemistry) through valid GATE score after completion of your M.Sc (Chemistry) from recognized university. Many institutes offer Ph.D in Chemistry course on the basis of valid GATE score and also offer fellowship/scholarship for eligible students.

Eligibility
- You must have passed Master's degree in relevant subject with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score is required for financial assistant except graduates from IITs with minimum CGPA 8.0.

Fellowship/Scholarship
If you are admitted to Ph.D (Chemistry) to AICTE approved institute through valid GATE score on non-sponsored category, then you are eligible for fellowship. You will get fellowship of Rs.25,000 for first 2 years and Rs.26,000 for next 3 years.

Required Documents for Fellowship
- Valid GATE Scorecard
- Bank Passbook
- Aadhaar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (NCL) in respect of OBC category students

Career Prospects After Ph.D (Chemistry)
After completion of Ph.D (Chemistry), You will have wide range of employment opportunities in various sectors such as Chemical Industries, Plastic and Polymer Industries, Educational Institutes, Research Organizations, Drinking and Beverages Industries, Forensic Labs, Food Industries etc.

Job Profiles
- Staff Scientist
- Tutor
- Chemistry Instructor
- Research Associate
- Medical Technologist
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?