2nd May 2015, 08:07 PM
Deepsss20

Options available to become a District Collector?

Hello sir/madam, Namaste. Im from uttrakhand, my age is 25 completed today, but my qualification is only 12 passed. Pls help me to find this processor out can i think about "District Collector" .
I mean if want to be DC for that what options now i have?

Thanks & regard:
Deepak

3rd May 2015, 10:17 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Options available to become a District Collector?

In order to become District Collector, you will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. The designation is Indian Administrative Services under Civil Services of Indian Government.

The required eligibility criteria to appear for District Collector:

1. Academic Qualification:

The minimum academic qualification required to appear for the Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

So, being 12th passed candidate you can not apply for the exam. So first pursue your bachelor's degree in any stream then only you can apply for this exam.

2. Age criteria:

The general age limit is 21-30 years. Candidates of OBC and SC/ST have upper age relaxation of three years and five years respectively.

3. Number of Attempts:

General candidate: 04

OBC candidate:07

SC/ST candidate: No limit.

4. Examination pattern:

First stage: Preliminary examination.

Second stage: Mains examination.

Third stage: Personal interview.

Becoming IAS officer is dream of almost every aspirant but it requires consistent hard labour along with determination, so work hard on the subjects while pursuing bachelor's degree. Read Newspapers, update yourself with recent happenings etc.

Official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?