18th April 2014, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a district collector or IPS officer?

gud evening sir/madam. i m komal jogi.......... n my dream is to became a district collector or IPS officer what should i do...nw i m in 12th..n in march 2015 i m gng to attend my 12 th board please guide me for my dream

10th June 2014, 01:04 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become a district collector or IPS officer?

If your dream is to become IPS officer, you can fulfill it by putting your best efforts towards your dream.

It is good that you have decided upon of what you want to be.

Now only thing that is left behind is, choosing the right way to fulfill your dream.

I will provide you the way. Here it is,

You need to complete the following selection procedure
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Civil Services Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into all the civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.

Here is the required eligibility criteria.

Academic Qualification :
-You should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream.
-No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation.

Age criteria :
For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years

Opt for Graduation in the stream in which you are interested and crack the above selection procedure.

Wish you all the best.
13th October 2014, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I too want to become collector now I am in 9th std . Can you tell me which branch I should select science or commerce
24th March 2015, 09:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I too want to become collector now I am in 9th std . Can you tell me which branch I should select science or commerce
The selection of stream at 10+2 level totally depends upon your interest. You must select that stream in which you are comfortable. Never select any stream on suggestions of other as in long term you may find difficulty in reading and understanding the subjects of that stream.

Both science and commerce stream are equally good with better career opportunities. So depending upon your interest, select the stream for 10+2 level.

Now, coming to your other query about how to become district collector or I.P.S officer.

For becoming district collector or Indian Police Services officer, you will have to appear for the Civil Services Examination. This exam has three different stages named Preliminary, Mains and interview stage.

So, you will have to pass all the three stages. This entrance exam is conducted every year by U.P.S.C.

Eligibility criteria for the exam:

~~Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. You can apply for the exam at [url]www.upsconline.nic.in[url] in final year of bachelor's degree also.

~~The minimum age is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years for general candidates, 33 years for OBC candidates, 35 years for SC/ST candidates.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of U.P.S.C that is www.upsc.gov.in.
28th March 2015, 08:30 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I am very pleased to say you that you have aim to be collector and you are working for your aim.

I think one in which you have more interested is better for your +2 stream.Do not bother about which subject has higher scope as both have large scope.

To be a collector you have to first qualify in the civil services conducted by UPSC and the examination is conducted in three phases.
Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

The eligibility criteria for aspirants are a graduate or is in the final year can apply for it.The age of candidates must be between 21-30,years for general category and relaxation in 3yrs and 5 yrs in the age of O C and SC/ST candidates.

You must have to qualify in all these stages.
4th April 2015, 04:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

IPS stand for Indian Police Service and IAS for Indian Administrative Service.
The criteria to become an IAS or IPS officer are as under:-
- Candidate should be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.
- Candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Appearing candidates in the final year can also apply.
- Candidate must have to qualify civil services exam conducted by UPSC .
- Candidate age limit should be in between 21 yrs to 30 yrs for general category,21 to 33 yrs for OBC,21 to 35 yrs for SC/ST.
- The no. of attempts for general category is four under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC and no limits for SC/ST.
- The exam is conducted in different stages. These are:-
* Preliminary exam,
* main exam,
* personal interview.
28th April 2015, 05:41 PM
arzookumar

Civil Services Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union
Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the
candidates into all the civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service etc.
Here is the required eligibility criteria.
Academic Qualification :
-You should have completed your Graduation with any
of the stream.
-No minimum percentage of marks are required for the
candidates in Graduation.
Age criteria :
For General category : 21-30 years
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years
3rd November 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Hai dear Sir/ madam
I have done b.com so what I have to select the exam for district collector
4th November 2016, 08:40 AM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: How can I become a district collector or IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
gud evening sir/madam. i m komal jogi.......... n my dream is to became a district collector or IPS officer what should i do...nw i m in 12th..n in march 2015 i m gng to attend my 12 th board please guide me for my dream

First of all, you should have to complete your gradation to become IPS and district collector. For these posts, you should have the following eligibility and requirements.
You should have a graduation degree from any recognized university.
Your age should be between 21 to 32 years.
For general 21 to 32 years.
For obc 21 to 35 years.
For SC/ST 21 to 37 years.
2nd April 2019, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

This is not right I am General category n my age is 37 in my past life I have face many problems so I have no time for fulfil my dream now I am in good position n I want to complete my dream but in gov't rules age limit is very short for General religion people's its not good actually only in our country in every place the govt support to ST/SC candidates that wise General candidates r every time suffer n they did not full fill their dreams plzzz changes the rule n give much more age relaxation to general candidates also only ST/SC candidates is not poor some General candidates r also poor but talented so think about it thanku......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?