9th July 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?

hello,
I am Alfisha Ashraf, and I have completed my msc(biotechnology) from DGPG College kanpurand now I want to do phd in biotechnology. I want to know how much duration has phd in biotechnolgy and know about the processes that how can I apply for this course

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  2. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  4. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  5. Universities for doing PhD in Biotechnology through distance mode?
  6. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  7. Whether I should go for MBA or Ph.D. after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  8. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  9. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  10. From which college to pursue M.Tech? Which branches are available in M.Tech and what is the fee structure?
  11. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Biotechnology) for M.Sc from IGNOU student? Duration of Ph.D(Biotechnology) program?
  12. How to do Ph.D in biotechnology from abroad? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  13. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  14. Which is the best option for good future prospects between MBA and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Marine Biotechnology? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  16. How to get opportunity to pursue PhD in Biotechnology with fellowship in Germany?
  17. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc(biotechnology), either M.Sc(forensic) or M.Sc(microbiology) or M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  18. Information about best university in Abroad for doing PhD in Biotechnology? How to get admission and scholarship?
14th July 2015, 05:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?

You can apply for PH.D admission when the notification is released by the university. You have to apply on a prescribed format according to the instructions in the notification. Normally, PH.D duration is from 3 to 5 years and you have to complete your work in the given period of time.

Try to qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF/GATE if you want to get admission in a reputed university. Most of the reputed universities prefer candidates with anyone of these scores.
14th July 2015, 08:25 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?

If you have cleared your M.Sc with 55% marks then you are eligible for the course of PhD.
You must clear the NET Examination to be eligible for the course of PhD in Biotechnology.
PhD is a Degree given for Research Oriented work and there is no stipulated time period for PhD.
So once you complete your Research Work you will be provided with the degree.
In general it takes between 3 to 5 years of time to complete the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?