14th July 2015, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Shall I enter directly to 2nd stage of ICWA or clear CPT first?

Hello sir,
Recently i finished my 10th exam.Now i am in 11th std.I am thinking to prepare for C.P.T.shall i enter directly to the intermidiate stage means 2nd stage of icwa course after qualifying C.P.T.

14th July 2015, 10:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shall I enter directly to 2nd stage of ICWA or clear CPT first?

ICWA stands for Institute of Cost and Work Accountants. CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. CPT has nothing to do with the ICWA. ICAI which stands for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts CPT exam twice every year in the month of June and December.

You can register for CPT exam after 10th but you appear for the test only after passing 12th from a recognized board.

Let me give you full details about CPT exam. CPT exam is an objective test consisting of 200 questions from subjects like accountancy, economics, mercantile law and quantitative aptitude.

Commerce stream will be the best for you in 11th and 12th if you are willing to pursue Chartered Accountancy course. To crack CPT, a candidate must score 30% in all four subjects mentioned above and overall 50% in the test.
15th July 2015, 04:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shall I enter directly to 2nd stage of ICWA or clear CPT first?

If you are interested in Chartered Accountancy course, given below is full details about this course.

Chartered Accountancy course has three levels or you can say that stages after completing which you will be able to become Chartered Accountant.

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence Course and Articleship.

3. Final course

After completing all these courses, you will become Chartered Accountant.

So, the first stages to enter into this course is Common Proficiency test. You can register for this test after 10th but you can appear for this test only after completing 10+2. The institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts CPT in the month of June and December respectively.

This test consists of 200 questions from four different subjects which include mercantile law, economics, fundamentals of accounting and quantitative aptitude. Each question carries one mark each.

To clear the CPT, one needs to score at least 30% marks in each subject and overall aggregate of 50%.

The second stage of Chartered Accountancy is IPCC. Graduates and post graduates who have scored 55% in commerce stream or 60% in non commerce stream are exempted from giving CPT exam. They can skip this test.

ICWA is the Institute of Cost and Work Accountants. It is totally different course than Chartered Accountancy and has nothing to do with it. For any kind of other information regarding CA, you can visit the official website of ICAI, www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?