26th August 2015, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Do i need to take a degree again if i have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering . Can alone diploma secured me a good Job and Salary ? Can someone give me the right information on this as soon as possible to me. Awaiting for the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  2. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  4. What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  5. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities?
  6. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  7. Is it possible to get admission for Graduation regular course after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering and currently working?
  8. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  11. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to do mechanical engineering graduation after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am doing a job in private industry
  14. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
  15. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  16. Eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. What is the future course to take after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
26th August 2015, 04:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

There is no need to pursue further studies after diploma course in mechanical engineering if you are happy with the job after diploma course and do not want to study more. You can definitely get a job with handsome salary after completion of diploma course. People usually pursue graduation courses in order to widen their job scope and to avail better jobs in terms of salary and designation. Thus, it is always advised to pursue higher studies after completion of diploma course to get a better salaried job.
26th August 2015, 05:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, it is not necessary to do Graduation after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. You can definitely get a good job with good salary package even after completion of your Diploma course. But, for higher level jobs, you must have to possess the Bachelor's degree from a recognised university. So, if you have Bachelor's degree in your hand, you can also apply for higher level jobs in the same company or different company.
28th August 2015, 01:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do i need to take a degree again if i have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering . Can alone diploma secured me a good Job and Salary ? Can someone give me the right information on this as soon as possible to me. Awaiting for the answer.
No, after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering you are eligible for graduation degree course like B.Tech course through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
12th September 2015, 06:26 PM
DSP@1

Yes, you can get a nice job with handsome salary even after after completing your
Diploma course.

There are many Companies which will offer you a job with neat salary.

Only thing is that you are not taken up by any MNC(Multi National Companies) and Central
Government for jobs as they require only graduated candidates.

So at that position you will be kept aside and more over if join an company after
completing Diploma it will be very hard for get promotions,hikes in your position and
salary sooner.

If you join any company after completing your graduation then you will have a better
chance to get promotions sooner and more hikes which will help your career.

So if you are really in need of job then you can join in job if you can wait for some time
and can able to afford some money to your further studies then i suggest you to go for
further studies which will help your future.
30th September 2015, 07:54 AM
Silent work
Member+

No, it's not necessary.

If you are not interested in further study after diploma, then there is no problem.

You can get job easily on the diploma basis alone. You can apply for government jobs like in Railway board, municipal corporation or in private sectors as junior engineer like BHEL, SIEMENS, KIRLOSKER, L&T, etc.
However you can work as a junior engineer after diploma. First two years of joining company sent a worker for training after that he can join his work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?