23rd February 2015, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

I completed diploma in mechanical engineering. Further i want to do BE please give me some information about BE? What is the procedure to apply for it? What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for doing B.E with diploma course? Please reply me back soon. Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  2. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  3. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  4. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  5. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  7. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  8. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Can I do BS in Mechanical abroad after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Detailed information about colleges with fee structure which offers B.Tech(Mechatronics Engineering) programme for diploma holder?
  12. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US, UK and Australia after completion of Diploma with Mechanical stream? List of universities offering this course in these countries?
  13. What should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  14. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  15. What's the eligility criteria for STET? I've completed my B.Com(H) with 62% marks, currently preparing for M.Com and I'm not from a Bengali background
  16. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  17. Can I join RAW after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
24th February 2015, 07:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

For getting admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering you have to appear for Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (LEET). This entrance exam will help you to get admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech degree. There is another Engineering degree equivalent course which is AMIE for which you can apply if you are interested in doing B.Tech degree.

Hence, if you have got 50% marks in Diploma then you can apply for LEET and if you manage a good rank then you will get admission in a top college.Just make sure that you have got your Diploma from a AICTE recognized Institute/College.
24th February 2015, 08:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

To do B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you need to appear in LEET or ECET examination. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised university are eligible to appear in LEET or ECET examination. By qualifying the examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
24th February 2015, 09:47 PM
vickyhansi

You can do B.Tech after diploma in Mechanical engineering through LEET exam.

LEET exam stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

You can get admission in Engineering college in B.Tech course directly in second year.

Eligibility conditions for LEET exam:

You must have completed your Diploma from a recognised Institute or any State Board of Technical Education.

You must have cleared your diploma with minimum 60% marks and you must not have any live backlogs in Diploma.

Your age should not exceed 28 years at the time of admission.
20th September 2015, 01:19 AM
gaharwar19

The most common degree programs for mechanical engineers are offered on the bachelor's and master's levels, and there are no diploma programs in the field. However, there are some universities that offer graduate certificate programs for aspiring mechanical engineers and those already working in the field.
21st September 2015, 10:23 PM
DSP@1

For getting into BE program after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other stream you have to appear for the entrance test conducted by your state education board for lateral entry of diploma students into graduation program which is called as LEE/ECET etc, with different names in different states of India.

The eligibility criteria for these exam are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her Diploma from the recognized university.
-Candidate must have scored minimum of 45% in his/her graduation.
-Candidate age must be above 17 years.

These are the eligibility criteria for Lateral entry of Diploma Students.

If you satisfy the above mentioned criteria then you are eligible for this exam.

Only thing you have to do is appear for this exam and give your best in this test.Based on the marks you have scored you will allotted a college through web counselling procedure.
23rd September 2015, 06:00 PM
kanwar555

Smile Re: How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi Bro,

Being a Diploma holder you will get admission in Engineering degree i.e B.Tech under Lateral entry admission scheme.Under this scheme you will get admission directly to second year of your 4 year degree.To be eligible for this scheme you must fulfill the below conditions:

You must have completed your Diploma with atleast 50% marks(40% for SC) with no backlogs left.
Your age should not be greater than 28 years at the time of your admission.

After this you need to apply to the University or College where you would like to get admission.On the basis of your marks in Diploma you will be granted trade and College.For getting admission in good College your percentage must be high.

All the best.
30th September 2015, 07:50 AM
Silent work
Member+

To get admitted in B.Tech by lateral entry after diploma, you have to appear for LEET (Lateral engineering entrance test).

For qualifying the LEET you must have to completed your 3 years diploma course with minimum 50% from recognized AICTE approved university.

On the basis of marks you scored in LEET you will get alloted in different college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?