2nd October 2015, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Which time is suitable for preparation for GATE 2016? Which books should I prefer?

I am a computer science engineering student. I want to know from when should i start preparing Gate 2016? From where should i start? Which books should i prefer? and other basic knowledge one should have about Gate examination....

-thank u

2nd October 2015, 07:53 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which time is suitable for preparation for GATE 2016? Which books should I prefer?

Best time for preparation for any exam is that at what time you start to prepare for itself to you but still i advise you that if you are in final year that is perfect time for you because just after you give the exam of the final semester within after the 1-2 months of the exam the GATE exam will be conducted and it is also a true thing that who can pass the exam in current with Degree time during final year no another best opportunity after it so prepare it well.

from now you can prepare for it because no separate syllabus is for the GATE exam rather than graduation so you are studding the subjects in your final semester study them carefully and also read the books you have passed in the earlier semesters and in final one and half month take a Special set of GATE exam that you can get from any book shop in market and study it carefully.
2nd October 2015, 11:47 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which time is suitable for preparation for GATE 2016? Which books should I prefer?

It is nice to see that you are looking forward to plan and prepare well for GATE 2016. You should have started your preparation by now since there are very less months left for GATE. You can opt for crash course in reputed coaching institutes for a better preparation. You should start from the fundamental study as fundamentals are tested in GATE with a variety of applications. You should know the syllabus of GATE and plan your study accordingly as per your strong and weak points.

The books which you should refer are :-

Programming in C : Dennis ritche, Schaum’s series, pointers in c by Yashwant kanetkar

Data structures and Algorithms:

1. Data structure: A. S. Tanenbaum, J.D. Ullman
2. Algorithm analysis and design: T.h.cormen, Anne levitin

Theory of computation: Peter linz, Ullman

Compiler design: Principles of Compiler Design: Jeffrey D. Ullman, Alfred V. Aho

Operating system:

1. Operating system: W. stallings, Galvin
2. Operating Systems – Silberschatz

DIGITAL LOGIC: 1. Digital Design – Morris Mano 2. Malvino, Leach

Computer organization and architecture:

1. Computer Architecture and Organisation – J.P. Hayes
2. Computer System Architecture- Morris Mano
3. Computer organization and architecture-William Stallings

Databases:

1. H.H. Korth, Navathe, Raghu Ramakrishnan and Johannes Gehrke

Computer networks:

1. A. S. Tanenbaum, W.Stallings
2. Forouzan

Information systems and software engineering: 1. Software Engineering – Pressman

Discrete Mathematics: Kenneth Rosen, Coleman , C.L. Liu

Graph theory: Nar Singh Deo

Numerical Methods: V. Rajaraman
2nd October 2015, 02:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. It is conducted by IISC for 2016 for M.Tech programs in different disciplines. The right time to start your preparation for the GATE exam when the third year of engineering or technology starts.

Brush up all your basic concepts of subjects which you have studied upto second year. GATE is an objective exam so candidate must have basic knowledge then focus on the technical subjects. Now there are only 4-5 months for GATE exam remaining, so read less but revise and practice more and more.

Best books for the Computer Science Engineering candidate for GATE exam:

>>Compiler Design by Ravi Sethi and Ullman.

>>Computer Network by William Stallings.

>>Database System by Navathe.

>>Operating systems by Galvin and Silberchatz.

>>Computer Hardware by Morris Mano.

>Graph Theory by Colman Busby.

>>Basic Mathematics by C.L Lieu.
4th October 2015, 01:25 PM
H Rimmy

Hi Dear
GATE- Graduate Aptitude test for Engineering students.After competing your graduation degree in engineering stream you can apply for the GATE Exam.
Right time to apply for GATE exam when your final year of engineering going on.

Best books you should have to preferred:-
1.Computer Hardware -Author Morris
2.Database System-Author Navathi
3.Computer Design- author Ravi Sethi
4.Mathematics- Author C/L Lieu

Best of Luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?