30th November 2015, 11:58 AM
SagarKumarDhankar

How a 12th passed can join Flying wing of IAF?

Sir
My name is sagar kumar . I have completed 10+2 with pcm and i got 80%marks in10+2. Please tell me that how can i join flying wing in IAF.

Thank you
Sagar kumar

30th November 2015, 02:07 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How a 12th passed can join Flying wing of IAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagarKumarDhankar View Post
Sir
My name is sagar kumar . I have completed 10+2 with pcm and i got 80%marks in10+2. Please tell me that how can i join flying wing in IAF.

Thank you
Sagar kumar
To join IAF after 12th you need to sit for an entrance exam known as NDA Exam.

Eligibility for appearing in NDA exam includes:

Educational Qualification : Must be passed 12th with PCM with 60% minimum from recognized Board

Age limit : Candidate age should be 16.5 - 19 years.

Candidate should be physically fit

Selection Process:

- Written exam

- Interview/ Medical fitness test

After all selection procedure they will be selecting candidates according to the merit list to join NDA. NDA will provide training to all the candidates who have been selected through selection process for a period of time.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA EXAM 2016

Date of notification : 2nd January, 2016

Online application start from : 2nd January, - 29th January, 2016

Last Date of Payment : 29th January, 2016

Date of NDA (I) exam : 17th April, 2016

Result : July -August 2016

For more details log on to : www.nda.nic.in/
30th November 2015, 04:13 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir

Thank you
Sagar kumar
Indian Air Force is one of the defence force of India. Yeah you can join in this force after +2 by applying for the NDA exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and is held as NDA I and NDA II. This offers candidates to join in defence forces such as Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

To be eligible for applying for this exam you need satisfy:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Martial status
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard states that candidate should have citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years.

-> Martial status needed is unmarried male candidate.

-> Educational qualification needed for applying is, candidate should have completed +2 with physics and mathematics for joining in Indian Air Force.

-> The most important criteria is candidate need to be physically fit.

Candidate who satisfied all these above criteria is eligible for applying for the NDA exam. To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2015, 04:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir

Thank you
Sagar kumar
You cannot directly join the Flying Branch of IAF i.e. Indian Air Force.

Firstly, you will have to pursue B.E./B.Tech from any recognized college from any discipline.

After pursuing this bachelor course, you will have to apply for AFCAT Exam.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

Firstly, you will have to appear for AFCAT and EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test).

After qualifying you will be short-listed, and called for further testing in anyone of the following cities: Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.

This testing consist of following stages:
Stage-I Test consist of Intelligence Test
Stage-II Test consist of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview.

Exam Pattern of AFCAT:
Duration: 2 hours
Multiple Choice Questions

Exam Pattern of EKT:
Duration: 45 minutes
Multiple Choice Questions
30th November 2015, 04:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Indian Air Force after 10+2 then apply for National Defence Academy Entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics compulsory for Indian Airforce.

2. Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male candidates can apply.

You are eligible if you satisfy age limit because you have done 10+2 with PCM subjects.

Official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2015, 05:45 PM
shushma143

Sorry to say that you are eligible for the Indian Air force flying wing after completion of +2 level but you can applicable Non-technical posts with +2 level.

The following entry of the flying wing of IAF is shown below

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission
30th November 2015, 06:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can join different wings of Defence through NDA/NA exam at HSC level. For Indian Airforce, Physics and Mathematics is necessary in 10+2 and its good that you have scored 80% marks in PCM.

Other than this criteria, you must be unmarried male and your age should be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Once you clear written exam and Service Selection Board, you can opt for IAF then further for flying branch after training.
30th November 2015, 07:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you can join Flying branch of Indian Airforce after completion of 10+2 with PCM with 80% marks. But for that you must crack the written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy exam.

NDA/NA exam is conducted twice every year and the notification for NDA I in 2016 will come on 02/01/2016. After that if you are between 16.5-19.5 years and unmarried male, you can apply for exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.

Written test consists of question from Mathematics an General ability test from Science and English.
30th November 2015, 07:27 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# If you are male candidate, then you can apply for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination in order to join Indian Air Force.

# National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination is conducted by Union Public Service
Commission (UPSC) twice in a year

# Candidate required to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:

* Must be above the age of 16.5 years.
* Must below the age of 19 years.
* Must be permanent citizen of India.
* Must have completed intermediate in any steam.
* Candidate going to appear in examination or awaiting their result is also eligible.
* Only boys/males are eligible.
* Must be physically and medically healthy.
* Must bear moral character.

# Following is the pattern adopted in the NDA Examination:

* Objective Type Written Test

= Mathematics (300 marks)
= General Studies (600 marks)

* SSB Interview

= Personal Interview
= Group Discussion
= Psychological Test
= Picture Perception Test

# Official website of UPSC (http://upsc.gov.in) should referred to get more detailed information.
30th November 2015, 07:53 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

To apply for Flying wing right after completion of 12th you need to write NDA Examination which is conducted by " UPSC " twice in a year. And the eligibility for NDA you can see it from below information.

>> You should complete 10+2 with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university.

>> Age should be in between these limits

Minimum Age : 16 years

Maximum Age : 19 years.

>> Final year students of class 12th are also eligible for NDA Examination.
30th November 2015, 09:37 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To join Indian Air Force after completing 10+2, students need to qualify NDA examination.
NDA stands for National Defense Academy.
NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in each year to recruit candidates in Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Naval Academy.
Students need to be passed 10+2 boards examination in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 60% marks.
Students appearing in 10+2 boards examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
Also, most important eligibility criteria to appear in the examination is that the candidate must be of age 16.5 to 19 years.

The students qualified in the NDA examination will be called for SSB interview and then after final selection is made on the basis of their performance in the interview.

Also, after 10+2 boards examination, if any student has secured more than 70% marks then they can apply for direct entry in NDA but according to previous cut off marks students having marks more than 85% in 10+2 are only send offer letter to appear in the interview.
30th November 2015, 10:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir

Thank you
Sagar kumar
You have completed 12th standard with PCM so you are eligible for IAF through NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
30th November 2015, 11:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can join Flying branch of Indian Airforce by cracking the written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy Exam which is held every year by UPSC. For NDA/NA exam, you are eligible in terms of academic qualification as you have done 10+2 with PCM subjects with 80% marks.

Age criteria is 16.5-19.5 years. You must be unmarried male India citizen.

NDA I 2016 notification will come 02-01-2016.

Official website to apply for exam www.upsconline.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?