5th February 2016, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Can females with Economics background join Indian Air Force?

I want to join Indian Air Force for job. I am Rashmi and i have done Economic Honours from Delhi University. I want to know can females like me with economics background join Indian Air Force?

5th February 2016, 12:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can females with Economics background join Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join Indian Air Force for job. I am Rashmi and i have done Economic Honours from Delhi University. I want to know can females like me with economics background join Indian Air Force?
You have completed graduation degree in Economics so you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam.

But you can apply for OTA and Indian Military officer post through CDS exam.

Educational Qualification:-

For Indian Military Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required

For Officer Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required

Age Criteria:

For Indian Military Academy:- 19 to 24 years

For Officer's Training Academy:- 19 to 25 years
5th February 2016, 06:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam.

AFCAT exam is conducted to recruit the eligible candidates (both male and female) for the flying branch, Technical branch and Ground duty branches.

As you have completed your graduation in Economics, you can apply for Ground duty branch which includes Accounts, Administration, Logistics etc and Flying branch.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate's age should be in the range of 21-27 years.

* Candidates should completed their graduation from any recognized university in any discipline.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
5th February 2016, 07:11 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year.

It is conducted for three branches of Air Force:

1. Flying Branch.

2. Technical Branch.

3. Ground Duty Branch.

If you have studied Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level then you will be eligible for Flying branch and Ground duty branch both otherwise only Ground Duty branch only. Minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for AFCAT exam.

Age limit for flying branch is 20-24 years and for Ground Duty branch is 20-26 years.

Official website of Air force is http://careerairforce.nic.in
5th February 2016, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, female candidates are eligible to join in Indian Air Force. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university with Mathematics and Physics subjects at 12th standard level or Bachelor's degree in Engineering are eligible to join in Indian Air Force. Since, you have done Graduation in Economics Honours course, if you have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects at 12th standard then, you are eligible to join in Indian Air Force.
6th February 2016, 12:28 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after graduation with Economics.

But, you are eligible to join Indian Army after qualifying in CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation with Physics and Mathematics as main paper and age between 19-23 years. So, you are not eligible to appear for Air Force.

But, candidates of any discipline are eligible to appear for Indian Army and age limit is 19-24 years. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2020, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can i join India air Force or Indian neavy force if i failed in 12 board accountancy paper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?