25th August 2015, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th?

Hello Everyone,
I am 20 years old and I have a great interest to join in Indian Air Force. But I have secured 50% in 12th Board. So can my low percentage of mark will not be helpful to join Indian Air Force?

Related Questions:
  1. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis? -- [New]
  2. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce?
  6. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  7. How to get admission in Indian Military Academy in 2016?
  8. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th standard?
  9. Chances to join Indian Air Force for M.Arch candidate?
  10. How can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate from B.Com course and with an age of 21 years?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?
  12. Can I join Indian Air Force if completed 12th Science being 21 years old candidate?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th class in PCM with 58% being a candidate with an age of 19 years?
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  15. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  16. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th commerce?
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  18. How can I Join Indian Air Force as pilot?
26th August 2015, 07:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th?

No, it is not difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th.

You have to clear NDA exam in order to join Indian Air Force after 12th.

Age Limit : 16.5 to 19 years.

After clearing the written exam, you have to face SSB Interview. There you have to be ready for the question : "Why you scored less marks in 12th".
But if you give good answer then there are chances of your selection.
26th August 2015, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th?

No percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to join in Indian Air Force. Candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board and those who are interested to join in Indian Air Force need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you have crossed the maximum age limit required to appear in NDA examination, you are not eligible to join in Indian Air Force after completion of your 12th standard.
26th August 2015, 11:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am 20 years old and I have a great interest to join in Indian Air Force. But I have secured 50% in 12th Board. So can my low percentage of mark will not be helpful to join Indian Air Force?
You have completed 12th standard so you are eligible for Indian Air Force exam but your age is 20 years so you are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
26th August 2015, 11:38 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, it is not a big issue. Percentage are doesn't matter to apply for Indian Air Force. CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

But to apply for Indian Air Force, you must have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must be unmarried male candidate. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years. No upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. No percentage bar are required to apply.
31st August 2015, 07:09 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

You are not eligible for NDA because of your Age ..

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Army /Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

To be eligible for NDA exam --

You should have done 12th from a recognised universty. ( Physics and Maths compulsory for Navy and Air Force )

Your age should be 16.5 years to 19 years.

Candidate should be a male candidate.

Candidate should be unmarried.

BUT you can apply for OTA, if you want to join Indian defence .

OTA – Officer’s Training Academy.

For joining OTA you have to qualify CDS exam.

Eligibility for OTA through CDS exam –

You should be a graduate from a recognised university.

For OTA, your age should be between 19 years to 24 years.

You should be unmarried.

The exam is conducted in three stages –

Written exam
Interview
Medical examination.

So, complete your graduation and then apply for CDS exam.

All the Best
5th September 2015, 03:10 AM
samudra_s

Smile Re: Is it difficult to join Indian Air Force for a candidate who has secured 50% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,

Hello,

your 12th board secured doesn't matter to join Indian Air Force. you have to pass NDA exam.

to eligible for NDA exam

1. you should have done 12th from a recognized board.
  2. Your age should be 16.5 years to 19 years.
  3. Candidate should be a male candidate.
  4. Candidate should be unmarried.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?