24th March 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Whether MBA qualification is must for becoming CEO in any company?

I have completed my graduation and working as a senior employee in a reputed company from last 7 years. I want to switch to another company for getting CEO post. But i want to know whether MBA qualification is must for becoming CEO or not?

27th March 2016, 02:03 PM
january2016

Default Re: Whether MBA qualification is must for becoming CEO in any company?

CEO means Senior Executive officer. So, for CEO position you must have market knowledge. For, this there comes a certification name called ITIL certification. By having this certification you can apply to managerial position and after a successful manager you can apply for the Delivery manager and the project manager and then you can reach to the CEO position of any company.

So, finally, MBA degree is not mandatory but if you get it done the it will be as a complimentary for you.
14th January 2017, 04:19 PM
hardwellonair

Hi,
NO an MBA degree is not at all mandatory to become a CEO of any company as mostly it depends what that main goals of objectives of the company.
I the company does not require any marketing skill the an MBA degree is not a must in order to apply for it.
Hope this helps!
15th January 2017, 02:36 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Whether MBA qualification is must for becoming CEO in any company?

Hi,

No it is not at all mandatory. It is common perception that, without MBA, a person can not climb corporate ladder but, it is not true. You will find many corporate leaders without formal education of MBA. They have learned management through their daily routine.

I would say, MBA is good to have but not necessary.

What is more important to become CEO is person's ability and management skills. Management skills can be developed from person's experience.

To become CEO what matters is,

- Leadership skills
- Management Knowledge
- Networking
- Ability to influence
- Team spirit
- Good Communication
- hard work/Smart Work
- Critical eye to latest development in industry

Nowhere degree matters. person earns degree to get skills. If you can get these skills without degree then no one can stop you from marching ahead.

So, don't worry about degrees. Focus on improving your skills. and apply for relevant CEO Post.

Best of luck I am sure you will make it to the top.

Let me know, if you have any other query.
22nd August 2020, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

after completing science in 12 .how can we become ceo?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?