24th March 2016, 06:22 PM
natraj.reddi

Is there any lateral entry possible for joining B.Tech course after completion of diploma course?

Sir,

My boy is studying Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (3 year course). I want to join him in a reputed College/Institutions like Shiv Nagar, Delhi; SRM Chennai like that. Is there Lateral Entry into B.Tech in their Institutions? Please guide me.

- natraj

Related Questions:
  1. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  2. Is there any lateral entry possible for joining B.Tech course after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  3. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  4. Guidance regarding the procedure of Lateral Entry in B.Tech Biotech or Chemical after completion of Diploma?
  5. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  6. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  7. Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Which B.Tech degree course should i do after Diploma in Mechanical and being a girl?
  9. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  10. Which college is best to join B.Tech in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?
  11. Any lateral entry exam that I have to appear after completion of diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for Lateral entry in B.Tech from other state?
  13. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  14. What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?
  15. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  16. Can I get lateral entry admission for doing Bachelor degree after diploma course completion?
  17. How to get into Aeronautics after completing 10th with 91%?
  18. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
30th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any lateral entry possible for joining B.Tech course after completion of diploma course?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is a four-year undergraduate degree course in the field of technology. Candidates who have completed 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream or Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised board/ institute are eligible to pursue B.Tech course.

As per the information you have provided in your query, your son is pursuing Diploma course at present. Diploma holders are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process.

To get lateral entry admission in any College/ University, you should have to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET conducted by your respective state board of technical education. By qualifying the entrance examination, you will be called for counselling and you will be allotted a seat in second year of B.Tech course in the college which you are eligible for getting admission to pursue B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?