8th February 2016, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get lateral entry for B.E after finishing diploma in EC? Procedure to join it?
  2. What is the procedure I need to follow to join in marine engineering after completion of diploma course?
  3. Procedure to get admission in any government college of Maharashtra to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma in ECE student? What does Lateral Entry Test means?
  4. Is it possible to join other states colleges by lateral entry after completion of my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  6. How to join Lateral Entry in NERIST Arunachal?
  7. Procedure to get Lateral Entry to study B.E. in Bangalore for a EEE Diploma holder completed 2 years ago?
  8. Career after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  11. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  12. Can I be able to join Lateral entry in engineering in Kerala after doing diploma in lateral entry scheme?
  13. Will I be able to get lateral entry admission for B.E course in Delhi after completion of Civil diploma course? What is the procedure to be followed?
  14. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  15. Procedure for lateral entry in B.Tech. after diploma in engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Lateral entry in engineering at Kerala? Is Diploma Lateral entry recognized by PSC?
  17. Which colleges are offering lateral entry? List of institutes and procedure for admission for direct entry into the 2nd year B.E after diploma engineering?
  18. How to join B.Arch in Lateral entry after completing diploma in civil engineering?
8th February 2016, 09:40 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?

To get admission in B.tech/B.E course after the diploma course, you have to appear and qualify in LEET examination.

LEET examination is conducted by various university for admission of candidates in 2nd year B.tech/B.E.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed diploma degree ( 3 YEAR ) from any recognised university.

Candidates after qualifying in the examination are eligible to get admission. The application form is released in month of April. The application form for examination is available at university/institute website.
8th February 2016, 09:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course?

To get lateral entry admission in Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
8th February 2016, 10:37 PM
Jitu369

● One who have completed 3 years diploma engineering course is eligible for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) entrance examination.

● LEET is being conducted every year for diploma holders to get admission for B.Tech in various engineering colleges apart from IIT & NIT.

● Eligibility for LEET is as follows :
1) Candidate must have completed 3 years diploma engineering course from AICTE approved polytechnic.
2) Candidate must have minimum 45% in diploma.
3) No backlogs in diploma.
4) Candidate must be minimum 18 years old.

● Once you cracked LEET with good rank, you will get admission in reputed polytechnic. So, prepare well for LEET.
9th February 2016, 12:28 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

What is the procedure followed to join engineering course in lateral entry after completion of diploma course? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer soon as possible. Thank you!
The aspirant has to apply to the college for the admission to the engineering course. The eligibility to join in the 2nd year of the engineering programme is one should have studied a 3 year diploma course. Some colleges take admission through the lateral entry examinations like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive Examination etc. for the admission to the engineering. Admission procedure varies from college to college. So you have to contact the college individually. In some states there are no entrance examinations.
17th July 2020, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

In Anna university lateral entry for mining engineering available
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?