29th May 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?

What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course? Can someone please provide me the information the same as soon as possible? I really need to start applying for the engineering course soon!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  2. Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  3. Is it true that after completion of diploma course we can get direct admission to 3rd year in Engineering?
  4. How to study Architectural engineering after completion of my diploma? I am studying diploma in civil engineering 3rd year
  5. Can a diploma holder join directly in 3rd semester engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Procedure for joining the Army after 3rd year od engineering? What type of jobs are available for computer engineers?
  7. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  8. Procedure and eligibility to apply in Diploma CET for 3rd year Electrical Engineering Diploma student?
  9. Can I join diploma 2nd year directly after completion of ITI course?
  10. Procedure to join LLB course in Correspondence after completion of Engineering?
  11. Can I get lateral entry in any government polytechnic college in Chattisgarh after doing BSc in Biological science?
  12. Will there be any disadvantages for me by joining Diploma course after completion of 10th Class?
  13. Procedure for joining in Indian Army and Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?
  14. Any recognized university from where I can directly apply in 3rd year for graduation after doing diploma in Customs Clearance and Freight Forwarding?
  15. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  16. Can I join B.E Mechanical directly after my diploma?
  17. Procedure to apply for Internship in HCL for Diploma Computer Science Engineering 3rd year student?
  18. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
29th May 2015, 10:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?

You cannot get direct admission to Engineering 3rd year after completion of your three years Diploma course but, you can get direct admission to 3rd semester or 2nd year of Engineering course. To get direct admission in second year of Diploma course, you need to appear in LEET entrance examination which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations Board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years Engineering course.
29th May 2015, 10:55 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?

It is not possible to join in third year of Engineering after the completion of Diploma course, but, you can join in 2nd year of Engineering by appearing for Lateral entry engineering exam, which is conducted in your state. So, I suggest you to appear for any Lateral entry exam, which is conducted in your state. If you qualify in such exam, then you can get admission in any particular engineering college, depending upon your rank in Lateral entry exam.
29th May 2015, 11:05 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

The diploma holder can Join in B.Tech degree as a Lateral Entry. The lateral Entry scheme is intended to admit diploma holders directly to the second year of B.Tech course. But there is no special procedure for joining directly to 3rd year after completing diploma. A diploma holder can join directly in 2nd year of B.Tech not in 3rd year.
29th May 2015, 11:38 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear that is Not possible for Diploma students. Once you have given a Entrance Examination then you will have a chance to Join in B.Tech directly in II/IV.

So there is No way to enter into 3rd of Engineering course directly with Diploma Qualification. And also one thing you should notice that you will have a chance to join in B.Tech in the specialized Course which you have studied in your Diploma.

Through the Entrance examination score you can join into the Top engineering colleges as Lateral Entry Candidate.

Lateral Entry :

Any candidate who have completed Diploma with any Engineering Entrance Examination score are directly Join into the 2nd year of B.Tech.

That means lateral students have a chance to enter into 2nd after completion of Diploma. And they need to complete 2nd, 3rd and 4th years in Engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?