14th May 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Engineering & Technology for M.Phil student?

Hello,
I am Monisha, completed M.Sc(Software Engineering). Now I am doing M.Phil in Computer Science. Can I eligible to apply for PhD in Computer Engineering & Technology?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible for me to do PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology?
  3. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if interested in Ph.D?
  4. Can I study PhD at the age of 27 years old being a M.Tech(Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering) student?
  5. For which topic among Data Mining & Ware-housing, software engineering, C, C++ and Information Technology I can apply for Ph.D in Computer Application?
  6. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Technology after completing M.Tech in Computer Engineering?
  8. Procedure to study PhD in Politics & International Studies in University of Cambridge with scholarship for M.Phil postgraduate?
  9. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?
  10. Possibility to study PhD in Computer Science/Information Technology for MS(Software Design) postgraduate?
  11. Ph.D course after MSW?
  12. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  13. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  14. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  15. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches?
  16. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science Engineering if completed B.Tech(IT) and M.E.(Quality Management)?
  17. What should I do to study PhD in Technology being a Diploma Mechanical student?
  18. Detailed information about PhD in Human Development & Family Study for M.Sc(Home Science) student?
16th May 2016, 11:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Engineering & Technology for M.Phil student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to study Ph.D in Computer Engineering and Technology:

Yes, you are eligible to study Ph.D in Computer Engineering and Technology but only you meet the below requirements. The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Ph.D in Computer Engineering and Technology course is "Master's Degree" or a Post Graduate degree in Computer Science to be eligible. As you are doing Master's in Computer Science, I am sure that you are eligible to pursue Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and Technology. The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 55% marks in order to be eligible.

Besides having Master's Degree in Computer Science, you must have written and scored good marks in any of the below mentioned entrance examinations in order to be eligible. Top Entrance examinations to pursue Ph.D in Computer Engineering and Technology or Ph.D in Computer Science are,
* Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
* JEST (Theoretical Computer Science)
* CSIR or UGC National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellow
17th May 2016, 01:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Engineering & Technology for M.Phil student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am Monisha, completed M.Sc(Software Engineering). Now I am doing M.Phil in Computer Science. Can I eligible to apply for PhD in Computer Engineering & Technology?
You have completed M.Sc degree in Software Engineering so, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in computer science or its equivalent from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D in Computer Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?