16th May 2016, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Should I do any short term course to become a Software Engineer being a CSE graduate?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech in CSE and I want to become a Software Developer. Kindly let me know that should I do any short term course?

22nd May 2016, 01:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do any short term course to become a Software Engineer being a CSE graduate?

No, there is no need of doing any short term course to become a software engineer. You can become a software engineer or a software developer based on your current qualification. You need to attend off-campus recruitment drives and walk-ins to get an employment opportunity in any software company. Then you can become software developer there. However, if you pursue IT related course like SAP, Angular JS, Networking, DBMS, etc. you can get added preference during the recruitment drives.
22nd May 2016, 02:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do any short term course to become a Software Engineer being a CSE graduate?

Generally doing Short Term Courses is not mandatory in order to get job as Software Developer. As you might have studied programming languages related topics during your B.Tech, I think that knowledge is adequate for you to appear in Software companies recruitment's. But still if you have any dissatisfaction, then I strongly suggest you to go through the short term courses in order to fetch a job easily. Some of the top short term courses available for you to do are,

* DotNET (.NET)
* J2EE
* PHP
* Oracle
* C, C++, C#
* CCNA Certification
* Advanced Java
* Mainframe and Testing Courses

Get good command over the above mentioned languages in order to fetch a better job as Software Developer in MNC Companies.
22nd May 2016, 04:58 PM
Knowledge World

Yes,You must do various short term courses like Android programming or Web development etc.because it helps you to take job good in companies.Companies select the students on the basis of knowledge,if you have some extra knowledge then you will be slected first than other students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?