11th June 2016, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Marks required to get MBBS/BDS seat in government colleges of Maharashtra?

I belong to SBC category and I am preparing for medical entrance exam. Can you tell me about how many marks should I score for government college seat for MBBS/BDS admission? How many seats are reserved in government colleges in Maharashtra for SBC category?

Related Questions:
  1. How many marks are required to get a seat in any government college?
  2. Details of the cutoff list of medical colleges in Maharashtra? Minimum marks required for getting a seat in good medical colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Cut off marks for various Government Medical colleges of Maharashtra
  4. Approximate rank and marks required for BC-A to get a seat in AP government colleges?
  5. Cutoff list of medical colleges in Maharashtra? What is the minimum marks required to get a seat in good medical college?
  6. Can I get a seat in karnataka Architect college after scoring 74% marks in 12th, NATA entrance? Can I get a government seat? What is the donation required?
  7. Cutoff list/marks required for admission in government medical college in Maharashtra?
  8. Is HS marks added in SML number of MHT-CET? Cutoff marks required to study MBBS in any Government college of Maharashtra?
  9. Cutoff marks required in NEET-UG to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course in any government college of Maharashtra?
  10. How much marks are required in EAMCET to get MBBS seat in Andhra pradesh government/private medical college?
  11. Cut off marks required in MET-CET for general category female candidate to get admission in government colleges in Maharashtra? List of colleges in which I can expect admission?
  12. If I get marks between 125-150 will I get admission in MBBS in any medical college? Is admission through open seat possible? Names of medical college at Talegaon(Near Pune)? Is this a Government or Private college?
  13. What are the minimum marks required to get government MBBS seat in AP under OBC category?
  14. Cut-off marks for Government Medial colleges in Maharashtra?
  15. Marks required for a BC candidate(Boy) to get a medical seat in government colleges?
  16. What are the TANCET marks required for MBC candidates to get a seat in government college?
  17. Information about Aided and Government Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra and further proceedings like admissions process in these colleges? Cutoff marks for CET in the colleges?
  18. Details about the MS/MD seats in Open Category in government colleges of Maharashtra?
13th June 2016, 11:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Marks required to get MBBS/BDS seat in government colleges of Maharashtra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I belong to SBC category and I am preparing for medical entrance exam. Can you tell me about how many marks should I score for government college seat for MBBS/BDS admission? How many seats are reserved in government colleges in Maharashtra for SBC category?
The minimum marks required for MBBS (or) BDS may differ from college to college. To pursue for MBBS/BDS in India a score above 50% is needed by the candidate for chemistry, biology and physics in 12th standard board examination. Those who interested to pursue for National Level Medical college must qualify in the CET or AIMEE entrance exam. The entrance exam patter may based on Biology, Chemistry and Physics subjects. There will be written and Interview conducted by the respective university. Each university conducts their separate Medical Entrance test.
14th June 2016, 12:53 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Marks required to get MBBS/BDS seat in government colleges of Maharashtra?

# Admission in the Government medical colleges and dental colleges are done on the basis of performance of candidates in the medical entrance examination.

# Selection list or merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the medical entrance examination.

# It is difficult to suggest minimum qualifying marks or cut-off which ensure the success of the candidate in the medical entrance examination.

# As cut-off of any medical entrance examination varies from year to year as it depends upon certain dominating factors mentioned below:

* Number of seats advertised
* Number of candidates/students appeared
* Performance of the candidates/students in the examination
* Difficulty level of the question level

# Here below, I am going to provide tentative or roughly idea regarding required minimum qualifying marks or cut-off of medical entrance examination:

* For General category : 50-55% marks in medical entrance examination
* For OBC category : 50-55% marks in medical entrance examination
* For SC/ST category : 45-50% marks in medical entrance examination

# More the marks obtained in the medical entrance examination more the chances of getting selected in the merit list.

# It is advisable to every candidate try to score more and more marks in order to be safe and not to look at cut-off of the examination.
15th June 2016, 12:43 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to predict exact marks as because it depends on cut off list which is declared every year. You need to perform better and try to get good marks. Sometimes cut off list declares on low marks sometimes high and also average. That is why it is not possible to predict it.
31st December 2016, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

For OBC 's, for obtaining government college of Maharashtra for mbbs in NEET how many minimum marks are required?
31st December 2016, 01:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
For OBC 's, for obtaining government college of Maharashtra for mbbs in NEET how many minimum marks are required?
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is single common entrance test for admission in all medical colleges of India in MBBS and BDS courses. To apply for this exam, a candidate must have done 10+2 with PCB subjects and scored minimum of 50% marks.

The minimum age limit on 31st December of year of exam is 17 years. To get admission in government college in MBBS or BDS course, a candidate must score minimum of 550 marks or above out of 720 marks in NEET exam. Competition is tough as number of seats is very less.
31st December 2016, 03:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The examination pattern of National Eligibility cum Entrance test is:

*It consists of 90 questions from Biology and 45 questions each from Chemistry and Physics. There are 180 questions of three hours duration and total marks of 720.

*In 2016, candidates who scored more than 75% of total marks of NEET exam participated in All India 15% counselling as well as state counselling and most probably got admission also. You must aim to score as much as possible.
31st December 2016, 06:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The cut marks for getting admission in government college in MBBS or BDS course changes every year and it is not fixed. But if you will analyze past few year cut off marks, any candidate can get idea how much to score for admission in government medical college.

For last few years in Maharashtra, OBC candidates who score 65% above of total marks of NEET exam most likely get admission in MBBS or BDS course. But aim of candidate should be to score maximum. Higher is the marks out of 720 marks, better is the chance of getting admission in good college.
19th January 2017, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

What minimum Marks as approximately is required to get admission for BDS courses in government medical college for a general category candidate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?