11th August 2016, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Sc in Mathematics a good course for BE Mechanical student? Other courses which I can study?

Hello sir, I am studying BE with Mechanical stream. I want to study M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of BE Mechanical. Is this good course for me? Other courses which I may study?

12th August 2016, 07:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Sc in Mathematics a good course for BE Mechanical student? Other courses which I can study?

Yes, if you have good interest in doing this M.Sc in Mathematics course then I am sure this course would be the best for you after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering course. Basically the minimum educational qualification required varies from institute to institute. In general the minimum educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

When coming to other courses, the best course I would suggest you to go with is M.E/ M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. Other that that stream, there are many streams available in M.E/ M.Tech for you. As you are done with B.Tech, you are eligible to apply for almost all the courses.
12th August 2016, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Sc in Mathematics a good course for BE Mechanical student? Other courses which I can study?

First of all it is not a good decision to go for M.Sc degree when you have option for M.Tech degree. M.Sc and B.Tech degree have equal value. Hence, no need to go for M.Sc degree.

Instead you can go for Ph.D in mathematics. Admission will be in the basis of GATE score. If you can qualify exams like NET/SET/GATE then you have a bright future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?