7th February 2017, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS coaching without any money for coaching?

I’m a commerce student and I want to do preparation for IAS, but I have no money for admission institute or doing coaching class. Please help.

8th February 2017, 11:03 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS coaching without any money for coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m a commerce student and I want to do preparation for IAS, but I have no money for admission institute or doing coaching class. Please help.

You can prepare for IAS coaching without any money for coaching through various trusts running the IAS Coaching like Manidha Naeyam IAS & IPS Free Coaching Centre, Rich India Civil Services Academy, All India Civil Service Coaching Centre, Chennai etc. There are many other institutions also conduct free coaching for IAS examinations. The details can be seen in the internet or you can contact the aspirants who are preparing for civil service examinations. You can make use of the books, study materials, mock tests, classes conducted by the coaching institutions for civil service examinations.
8th February 2017, 12:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You can follow these steps to prepare yourself for IAS exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year:

It is obvious that if you cannot afford for coaching or you are not interested to take coaching then you definitely have to do self study.

Manage your time effectively and be disciplined.

Do selective reading.

Take mock tests at regular intervals.

Remember to have a good mix of books and self made notes.

Start operations early, it's a vast syllabus.

Make short notes and mind maps on a regular basis.

Most importantly believe that you can do it without coaching.

Listen to the news and do not waste time in listening to unnecessary discussion based on news and let the topic demands it.

Find people who are in your situation or in your organisation with them to utilise that time for discussion and you will does have time to chill with friends who are serious about the IAS exam.

Use memory techniques that speed up your learning.
8th February 2017, 12:48 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

You can prepare for IAS without visiting any class room or Coaching Centre if you are very good at self-study. Do study from NCERT books and start making your own notes. The coaching centres which are popular only provide quality service to the candidates by providing tips and tricks but forget that if you dot have money just pick up your NCERT books and buy a good newspaper from there you can learn current affairs and buy some mock test books or previous year question papers so that you can understand the pattern and questions which are asked in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?