19th April 2017, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Whether Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate are same or not?

Respected Sir, I want to apply for an Entrance exam but I am confused between Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate so can you tell me whether Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate are same or not? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the validity period of a Domicile or Residence Certificate in Punjab?
  2. What is the difference between residence certificate and domicile certificate?
  3. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  4. What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?
  5. Am I a non local candidate if did intermediate and graduation from Visakhapatnam but 10th from West Bengal?
  6. How can I apply for All India OBC certificate of Uttar Pradesh? I'm not having 40 years residence yet
  7. Can I participate in AIEEE counselling with my all india OBC certificate of UP?
  8. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  9. If I have done my schooling in Lucknow can I get the domicile certificate? Is there any agent who can help in making the domicile certificate from Lucknow?
  10. Will there be any problem for me for IBPS exam, if got domicile from MP and SC caste certificate from Maharashtra?
  11. Whether UPSC accepts hand made domicile certificate or demands the printed one?
  12. How Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra as I've completing my schooling upto 12th here? Can I get admission in government MBBS college without domicile certificate?
  13. Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What documents are needed for domicile certificate of student if his father has expired?
  15. Which court should we apply for Domicile certificate? Which documents do they want?
  16. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  17. Is it compulsory to have domicile certificate to take admission in Mumbai college?
  18. How can I make my domicile certificate? I've done my schooling from Lucknow but now i'm settled in delhi
10th May 2017, 06:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate are same or not?

There is a basic difference between Domicile and Residence Certificate. Domicile certificate is certificate of place of birth or permanent place where you live. Residence certificate is for present address of person.

Suppose you were born in Uttar Pradesh, your domicile is Uttar Pradesh. In case of state government jobs, you will have to produce this certificate. But if at present if you live in some other State of India, you will have to present your residential certificate for current address.
20th August 2017, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether Domicile Certificate and Residence Certificate are same or not?

I am permanent resident of j&k and living properly in this state I have resident certificate but in this conditions i am made domicile certificate yes or not
17th October 2017, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir if domicile certificate of punjab is required for getting admitted in some govt. Institute after 10 2 and basically I belong to Punjab but studied in some other state in a boarding school.
4th December 2017, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to apply for SSR post but I don't have domicile certificate instead, can I use residential certificate???
15th November 2018, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 12th, she is to take admission in MBBS. I am a retired Punjab Govt employee. I am a Punjab Govt Pensioner having served as Pb Govt for 31 yrs. Im my PPO certificate from Pb Accountant General valid as my residence certificate for her admission?
27th January 2019, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I am residence of Odisha and my birth is also in Odisha but due to my fathers transferring job I am staying in other state. Now I want admissions in MBBS in Odisha. So for state quota what I need domicile or residence certificate
28th January 2019, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I need a domicile certificate in West Bengal proforma b for NEET entrance exam counseling which is applicable for those student who are studying outside the state but their parents live in that state.
But the BDO refuse to sign the certificate because student is not studying in West Bengal.

What should I do?
12th March 2019, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a keralite born abroad. How can I get a nativity or domicile certificate?
12th July 2019, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I am permanent resident of odisha and living properly in this state I have resident certificate but in this conditions i am made domicile certificate yes or no
28th July 2019, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I had a domicile certificate instead of residence certificate can i apply for navy mr
9th September 2020, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the non keralite certificate? where I find? I am tamilnadu student.
9th May 2022, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I am residing and doing job in Maharashtra since 27 years. What documents will I need to apply for EWS ( Economically weaker section certificate )?
14th May 2022, 09:19 AM
Naresh199

Domicile certificate, also known as residence certificate, is issued to prove that the person holding the certificate resides in a particular State. It is mandatory to obtain this domicile certificate to avail quotas in educational institutions and government services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?