2nd July 2014, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in TCS or CTS if completed B.Tech in 6 years and working in IBM?

hello I have a query i completed btechvengg in 6 years due to backlogs.During the backlog period i worked in networking BPO.With that experience i moved to IBM infrastructure after clearing backlogs.Now I'm working in IBM for 8 months.Will i be able to apply in TCS CTS in future?? I satisfy the percentage criteria.Pls reply ASAP

12th July 2014, 04:07 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply in TCS or CTS if completed B.Tech in 6 years and working in IBM?

Yes, it's possible for you to apply for TCS, CTS or any other service companies provided you satisfy and accept the below points mentioned,

-> 8 months is pretty small number for experience, probably you need to have atleast a minimum of 1-2 years experience to jump to the next company. So, make sure you learn more and more during this time frame and then start applying for the jobs outside.

-> IBM is considered to be great company when compared with TCS, CTS and other service companies since IBM is product based, so everything in IBM like salary, work-life balance etc should be considered more when compared to the other service companies. So, if you have a good career growth in 1-2 years time on IBM it's better to be there itself and try to change projects to learn more and have a better future.

-> Moving from IBM infrastructure of TCS, CTS IT sector needs a little more hard work from your side as there will be a lot expected in the interview when you want to prove yourself that you will fit for the job from the one you were doing before. So, do good home work during the 1-2 years and time and make sure that you will achieve your goal.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?