14th July 2010, 12:57 PM
maheshwaridg

BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Hi, My sister has completed her 10th standard and can she do BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better BSc IT,BSc CS and BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  3. What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA
  4. Best career options available for me to do BSc IT or BCA? Future opportunities after completion of the course?
  5. B.Sc Microbiology is better than BCA or B.Sc Computers? Job opportunities after B.Sc Microbiology?
  6. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  7. Which has more value BCA or BSc Comp(H) in DU?
  8. What can I do after completing 12th with 49%? How can I go for BCA, BSc in Tourism Management?
  9. What are the jobs avaialble after completing BCA?
  10. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  11. Which is more preferable after completed 12th std with PCM, either B.Sc, BBA or BCA? I don't want to do B.Sc
  12. What is the best course for me between BSc IT, BCA and BSc?
  13. Which is better among B.Sc computer application, BCA, B.Sc in non medical, B.Sc in Industrial chemistry and B.Sc in another stream?
  14. Which course in better B.Sc IT or BCA for pursuing MCA in future?
  15. Which course is best for programming among B.Sc CS, B.Sc IT and BCA? -- [New]
  16. Which is more preferable for better future prospective, either BCA, B.Sc or BBA? I've completed 12th std with PCM
  17. Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?
  18. BCA or B.Sc IT after scoring 90.4% marks in CBSE? List of good BCA colleges?

16th July 2010, 12:27 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Sorry but you cant do this course after 10th. The minimum eligibility to do BCA or BSC is 10+2 with sufficient marks to stay in the competition.

So join 11th standard and try to get awesome marks in your 12th standard.

So think about it and see what you want to go for
Best of Luck

16th July 2010, 12:45 AM
Senior Member+++

sorry the minimum eligibility is 12th for the above courses
first complete your school with flying colors & then think about the future

16th July 2010, 01:00 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

you can only apply for this after the completion of you 10+2. and according to my point of view bca is best for you.

16th July 2010, 04:54 AM
amit.2186

I am sorry to inform you that your sister can not do BCA or BSc after 10th as it is not possible till date so to do BCA your sister must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam then she can go for BCA or BSc so i would suggest you to ask your sister to get admission in 11th and try to secure a good marks in 10+2.

16th July 2010, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

you shouid go for either b sc or bca keeping focus on your post graduation n futur carrer planings.one must be cereful that after having bca n such such proffesniol degrees you cannot persue for p hd, mphil n such b.ed n such degrees.while after b sc one can go for such options alzo.

16th July 2010, 10:56 AM
Anirban Chakraborty

Smile Re: BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Hi !!

In India, under UGC norms, the minimum eligibility criteria for doing a bachelors degree is 10+2. Only after that you wil be eligible to do BCA or B.Sc.

And both are good with respect to their own. Its just that, that BCA is a professional degree whereas B.Sc is just a qualification to pursue higher studies.

I am myself a post-graduate student of Delhi University and did my B.Sc in Microbiology from Delhi University..

So, there are lots of scope even if you do B.Sc.Its just that you have to be the best in whatever you do..

Best wishes..

16th July 2010, 11:37 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
If you are aimig for carrier in computers like MCA, then BCA is best. OBut college really matters.For details refer the sitehttp://www.studyfreak.com

16th July 2010, 12:31 PM
Balaji Thite

You cannot do BCA or BSc after 10th because eligibility criteria of BCA is min
10+2 of any faculty(arts, Commerce, Science) thats why complete your 10+2
with first class
*Best of Luck*

16th July 2010, 01:39 PM
vinaykumar0712

No your sister is not eligible for any Bachelor courses as +12 is the minimum qualification for University courses.

16th July 2010, 01:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

For doing BCA or BSc the eligibility is 10+2.The candidate should be atleast 17 years of age during their graduation. Both BCA and BSC are equally good but it can be opted only once +2 is over. Depending on the subjects and your interest after +2 you can opt for BCA/BSc.

16th July 2010, 02:13 PM
swarnali.roy6

Thumbs up Re: BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshwaridg View Post
Hi, My sister has completed her 10th standard and can she do BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)
At first, go for the science stream in +2. Secondly you need to get very good marks to go for B.Sc/BCA.. B.Sc in Computer Science is also equivalent to BCA in case of job prospects. For both you need to get >60% in +2.

16th July 2010, 03:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

For doing BCA or BSc the eligibility is 10+2.The candidate should be atleast 17 years of age during their graduation. Both BCA and BSC are equally good but it can be opted only once +2 is over. Depending on the subjects and your interest after +2 you can opt for BCA/BSc.

16th July 2010, 04:33 PM
manandabhi

See friend, BCA and BSC both are good lines and both are having enormous opportunities. But these are graduate courses and minimum requirement is 10+2 and for BSC you have to complete 12th standard in science stream while in BBA thetre is no such requirements.

so your sister has to do two more years schooling and then she can join these courses.

OK.

16th July 2010, 04:54 PM
racheal

Dear Mahesh,
your sister must complete the minimum qualifying exam for any under graduate course to obtain a degree like BCA or Bsc. If you like you can introduce her to some books on computer programming. Since she is not clear about her career, you must spend sometime understanding her aptitude and see what she is interested in.
All the best.

16th July 2010, 05:09 PM
rajan5915

Quote:
my friend your sister can not do her BCA or B.Sc after het 10th, because these are under graduation courses and has to be done only after her 12th.
u need to know something if she has to do B.Sc in further studies then she has to choose science in her 11th...and if she has to do BCA in her further studies then she has to choose commerce or science....think nicely act wisely.

good to know you
rajan here

16th July 2010, 05:25 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Sorry! You cannot pursue BCA or BSc. after 10th since both BCA & BSc are degree courses which can be done only after completing 12 std.

For enrolling in BSc. course you must pass the 12th exam with science stream.
For get admission in BCA course you can opt for any stream i.e. science, commerce or arts at 12th level.

Whether to pursue BCA or BSc. the decision has to be taken by you depending upon your interest & skills.
You can however pursue some diploma courses like diploma in engineering after completing 10th in case you do not want to study in 12th std.

16th July 2010, 05:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Sorry!
you cannot pursue BCA & BSc. after 10th since both are degree courses which can be pursued after passing 12th.

For enrolling in BSc. courses u must pass 12th with science stream.
For getting admission in BCA u can opt for any stream i.e science, commerce & arts at 12th level.

whether to pursue BCA or BSc. the decision has to be taken by you depending on your interset & skills.
you can however opt for some diploma courses like diploma in eng. in case you do not want to study in 12th std.

16th July 2010, 06:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

No, your sister can not do BCA Or B.sc directly after 10th.

Because, you have to completed your 12th first to get admission in Degree courses.

Th minimum eligiblity for bacholar degree course is 12th. If you have scored good marks in 12th exams, then you will get admission in any bacholar degree course.

But, only after 12th, she can do BCA Or B.sc. So, dont waste your time, just go for 12th first and scored good marks in 12th exams............

All the best.

16th July 2010, 07:50 PM
samratguha

hi friend.
actually its quite impossible to be eligible for BCA or BSC after your 10th. and it is only possible if you have passed your 12th examinations. because see if you donot know the basic fundamentals before in 10+ it will not be possible for you to understand and part of the stream you enter.

16th July 2010, 10:54 PM
happy to help

DEAR Ur sister have to wait till completion of school
because minimum eligibility is 12th for the above courses
first complete school with flying colors

ALL THE BEST

16th July 2010, 11:41 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

sorry there is no college give you the degree course after 10th.... bachelor degree's eligibility is 12th pass... so u can try for any diploma degree ( polytechnic) which offers mechanical,computer science,civil,ece and eee....

17th July 2010, 12:08 AM
saurav.suravi

Arrow Re: BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Quote:
sorry both BCA and Bsc are bachelor degree.. for these you have to first completed intermidiate like 10+2..for BCA mathamatics is compulsory..

21st July 2010, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

YES

22nd July 2010, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

My basic qualification is SSLC (10th), which diploma corce for me

31st July 2010, 04:04 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you have to completed your 12th first to get admission in Degree courses.getting admission in BCA u can opt for any stream i.e science, commerce & arts at 12th level.whether to pursue BCA or BSc,The minimum eligiblity for bacholar degree course is 12th.

31st July 2010, 05:11 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

your sister can't do this.

as BCA and B.Sc both are graduation degree.

so she have to do +2 fast, then she will be eligiable to do BCA OR B.Sc .

all the best......

3rd August 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

your sister cant do this.

4th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

sorry you can not doing this courses after 10th .. if you want to do this so you complete 12th class with physics or maths. than u can do both of courses..

24th August 2010, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

My wife passed 10 th . she study directly 2 . how to apply and what is the procedure of the 2 directly . please tell

25th August 2010, 06:21 PM
drdo99
Banned

bca is more better.
but,you need a master degree in computer related subjects.

26th August 2010, 03:20 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, BCA OR B.Sc both are graduation related courses.

so you can do this courses after your 12th.

so after 10th, you can't do BCA or B.Sc.

but after 10th, you can do diploma oriented courses.

all the best............

26th August 2010, 08:01 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
i am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for BCA or BSC after 10th.the eligibility criteria is you should be 12th passed with good marks to remain in the competition.so my suggestion to you will be join 11th standard and study hard to get good marks in 12th and then think about BCA or BSC.
All The Best!!!!

26th August 2010, 11:54 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend,

let me clear first that for the graduation course such as the BCA and B.SC, you must have to

complete the 12th .

so if your sister wants to do the BCA OR B.SC the tell her to complete the 12th .

and then she can do the bca and bba.

26th August 2010, 04:59 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

it is not possible to go for Bsc or BCA,after 10th..

for that you have to complete your 12th first,and you take maths as your main subject in 12th,then you can join for Bsc or BCA..

so, without having 12th pass certificate bachelor degree is not possible.

best of luck.

26th August 2010, 07:26 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

to do BCA/B.SC you have to complete 12th with science.

after that you can do any course as per your choice.

all the best.

26th August 2010, 07:30 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

to do BCA/B.SC you have to complete 12th with science.

after that you can do any course as per your choice.

all the best.

27th August 2010, 04:52 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
i think both r good .if u r interested in software sector then u may choice bca.and if u r interested in research sector then u can choice b.se
good luck.

31st August 2010, 08:33 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
If you want to take admission in BCA/B.SC after 10 th this is not possible.
at first you have to pass (10+2) with Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,computer.
so,friend try after 2 years.
best of luck

5th September 2010, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

hi,my brother passed S.S.LC.now he would like to earn degree.its possible?

20th September 2010, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

after completion sslc which coure is useful for future?

21st September 2010, 08:31 PM
mohit brh

after 10th it is not possible because eligibility for BCA and BSC is 10+2 with PCM pass out but you can do after 12th and BCA is professional course and it is good as compare to BSc. you can do only diploma courses in computer.

29th September 2010, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I did SSLC then PUC incomplete then 2years Higher Diploma In Software Engineer trhough Aptech Computer Education now I want to go far digree please sugget me if there is any chance to get
Ayub

30th September 2010, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

i study 2 but i left 1 subject in 1sy nd 2 sub in 2nd yr what i have 2 do now iam bore abt this is there any solution 4r me?

21st October 2010, 05:24 AM
Unregistered

I am complete 10th std. Age:24 years.2007th DCA finished. So, if i am take BCA means which is best college in trichy?

15th November 2010, 08:39 PM
megha ram singh

sorry.., She can't do B.Sc. or BCA after 10th first she have to complete 12th standard then she can do anything whatever she wants to do.

you don't worry let her complete..good luck..

7th December 2010, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Yes it is Possible through TAMILNADU OPEN UNIVERSITY click on this for details www.tnou.ac.in

23rd December 2010, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

results

24th December 2010, 09:56 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Good evening

Dear,

There is no hard and fast rule to do Bsc/Bca directly after 10th so tell your sister that don't waste your time immidiatly take admission in 11th class and than apply for degree college.

so don't get panic if your sister really want to do BSC,BCA then she must have 12 passed certificate with atlest 60% marks than only she is eligible fortaking admission in bachlor degree college.

Good luck...........

3rd January 2011, 08:15 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: BCA OR B.Sc after 10th(SSLC)

Quote:
Dear friend,
BCA or B.sc is a graduation course after 10+2 passed she can join there...
After 10 it is not possible...

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?