26th July 2011, 12:38 AM
ankita hatkar

What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?

will i be able to do MBA in biotechnology ; if i am studying microbiology ,, biotechnology& chenistry in my graduation?? also tel me the future scope for MBA in biotechnology????

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do MBA after B.Tech in Biotechnology? Scope of an MBA degree in future?
  2. What will be the Job scope for me after completion of MBA in Biotechnology being a candidate of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  3. Scope of MBA in Biotechnology after B.Tech(Biotech)? How to get admission in reputed Universities?
  4. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after doing BSc Biotechnology? What is the procedure to join MBA?
  5. How to do MBA after B.Tech in biotechnology? -- [New]
  6. Can I get a job after completing B.Sc biotechnology only? What is the scope of doing MBA after that?
  7. List of universities providing MBA in Biotechnology? What are career opportunities after this course?
  8. After BSc Biotechnology am I eligible for MBA? What is the scope after that? can I pursue MBA in finance being a science student? Difference between the syllabus of MBA HR, Biotech, Marketing and Finance?
  9. Is it better to do job after BSc Biotech? Is it necessary to do masters after that?
  10. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which is the best MBA or M.Tech Biotechnology college?
  12. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? Procedure for admission?
  13. What is the further scope in Biotechnology? Can a student with 75% join Biotechnology?
  14. B.Sc(genetics or biotechnology) or BE(biotechnology): Course with better scope for getting a job?
  15. How can I take admission in Biotech if I am a student of BSc?
  16. How to do MBA in BT at Pumba? What is the scope for it?
  17. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  18. What will be the career scope for BE and MBA Biotechnology in India?
23rd August 2011, 05:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?

Career Scope for MBA (Biotechnology):

The biotechnology industry is expected witness spectacular growth in India and world-wide. Since biotechnology is a knowledge-intensive industry, it is expected that India will have a competitive advantage and will be able to make full use of this opportunity as has been the case with the IT industry.

An MBA in (Biotechnology) can find jobs in
biotech or pharmaceutical companies or
in chemical/ agricultural and
allied industries.
Other alternative work areas are
marketing,
quality control,
food Manufacturing, etc. Teaching is also a good option.
23rd August 2011, 06:04 PM
saurabhkaushal333

MBA bio- tech persons has a great advantage over other persons in a fact that they had a edge over other MBA professionals because they had a good knowledge of bio-tech firms and pharmaceuticals also. Its like a value add course to these students.
23rd August 2011, 07:28 PM
Sehwag6

Mba is a very good course. It is a 2years course. The eligibility for mba is : graduation in any stream. You must write mat/cat entrance exam. You choosen branch is also very good. All the best
23rd August 2011, 07:53 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Scope of mba in biotechnology :

Biotechnology field is the field that not only includes only R&D work but also has agreat application in the management field too

So many students and even working professional are opting for MBA biotech these days only because it has apmle of job options

Biotech person has a great advantage over other in a fact that they had a edge over other mba professionals because they had a good knowledge of biotech forms and pharmaceuticals also
24th September 2011, 11:14 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Biotechnology field is the field that not only includes only R&D work but also has agreat application in the management field too

So many students and even working professional are opting for MBA biotech these days only because it has apmle of job options

Biotech person has a great advantage over other in a fact that they had a edge over other mba professionals because they had a good knowledge of biotech forms and pharmaceuticals also
25th September 2011, 03:04 AM
rahul4490

Yes .you will be able to do a MBA in Biotechnology.

SCOPE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY

MBA in Biotechnology is in an ever increasing demand as biotechnology as emerged as one of the fastest developing sectors in Science. Biotechnology has even been taught as an engineering field because of its outburst of demand(eg:- NIT Calicut has a b.tech level course on biotechnology which has been newly introduced).

TOP COLLEGES OFFERING MBA IN BIOTECHNOLOGY

1) Universal School of Bio sciences, Delhi
2) Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Noida - Delhi
3) SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS),Mumbai
4) Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE) ,Hyderabad
5) Tilak Maharashtra University (TMU),Pune
6) Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil University,Navi Mumbai
7) University Business School,Panjab University, Chandigarh
8) Pillai's Institute of Management Studies & Research (PIMSR),Panvel
9) MITCON Institute of Management (MIMA),Pune
10)Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management and Social Sciences( AKIMSS), Solapur
4th December 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B tech biotechnology. And now am planning to go to US to do my masters. I have got admission in Georgetown university , Washington D.C for the spring semester.. My program in that university is biotech business management.But i do have doubts regarding this program.Please kindly clarify them. I would really appreciate that because i am really worried to choose my career path. I should decide soon and go for the visa interview..If i find this program not an add on to my career i can change the program to biochemistry and molecular biology.So please help me out.

1) can i do research later on in science field may be cancer research or other .Will there be good scope for doing research further if i do my masters in biotech business management.???? Can we go in the normal science career after completing it ? as a scientist or a researcher,and to do PhD, in which areas can i do, will it be limited because of my masters in business biotechnology?

2) Is this program beneficial to girls? I mean one of my seniors who is doing his masters in this field told me that for girls it is not that preferred.What he means is it is related to marketing etc and as i am not very much interested in normal MBA he told me so.

3) How will be the career in this field.what kind of jobs do we get initially? and SALARIES?

Please reply me as soon as possible.
Thank you
14th December 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

can i got admission in msc bio-tech i have re in one paper of bsc bio-tech
6th January 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

wat will be salary range when v work as mba in biotechnology ???? pls tel i beg u
13th March 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

What kind of Job profiles will a BE MBA Biotech student get? and pls suggest sime good companies for this kind of qualification.
20th April 2012, 09:05 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

The biotechnology industry is expected witness spectacular growth in India and world-wide. Since biotechnology is a knowledge-intensive industry, it is expected that India will have a competitive advantage and will be able to make full use of this opportunity as has been the case with the IT industry.

An MBA in (Biotechnology) can find jobs in
biotech or pharmaceutical companies or
in chemical/ agricultural and
allied industries.
Other alternative work areas are
marketing,
quality control,
food Manufacturing, etc. Teaching is also a good option.
29th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.SC (Medical Technology) in Radiography..Am I eligible to do MBA in Biotechnology..But I Hav'nt gave any CAT Or MAT Exams...plz try to solve my query as soon as possible..
25th June 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I competed the MBA and M.Sc bio technology. I have 6yrs experience in rural marketing line.plz Suggestion me can I get the job in Bio Tech line
15th July 2012, 11:16 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

With an MBA in Biotech you will easily find job in research and development industries relating to Biotech.
MBA from a good institute will lead you to management post and you will be leading group of terms involved in different research programmes.

Institutes for MBA degree in Biotechnology are:

1.Universal school of Biosciences,New delhi.

2.Amity university of Biotechnology,Noida

3.Institute of Public enterprises ,Hyderabad.

4.SIES college of management studies,Mumbai.

All the best.......................
15th July 2012, 11:30 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

With an MBA in Biotech you will easily find job in research and development industries relating to Biotech.
MBA from a good institute will lead you to management post and you will be leading group of terms involved in different research programmes.

Institutes for MBA degree in Biotechnology are:

1.Universal school of Biosciences,New delhi.

2.Amity university of Biotechnology,Noida

3.Institute of Public enterprises ,Hyderabad.

4.SIES college of management studies,Mumbai.

All the best.......................
16th July 2012, 12:50 AM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I competed the MBA and M.Sc bio technology. I have 6yrs experience in rural marketing line.plz Suggestion me can I get the job in Bio Tech line

hi,

I advise u to choose a general stream in MBA as it would help u in having good career prospects in allied industry such as Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals.
However if u wanna do it then i suugest MBA BELOW These colleges

Universal School of Biosciences. Delhi/NCR View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info
Bio Technology Business Management
Contact Deatils:
Delhi/NCRUniversal School Of Biosciences
WZ-186/13, Budhela, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-18
Phone:011-45684107
Mobile:+91-9717267750,+91-9555644402
Fax:- 011-45684107

Amity Institute of BiotechnologyNoida - Delhi/NCR View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info
MBA (Biotechnology Management)
Contact Deatils:
Delhi/NCRAmity Institute of Biotechnology
Amity Campus, Sector 44
Noida- 201303.
Ph:- 1800-11-00-00

SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS)Mumbai View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Biotech Management)
Contact Deatils:
Navi MumbaiSIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS)
Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati Vidyapuram,
Plot 1-E, Sector V,
Nerul, Navi Mumbai - 400706
Tel: 91-22 -2770 8376 / 77
Fax: 91-22- 27708379

Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE)Hyderabad View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management – Biotechnology (PGDM-BT)
Contact Deatils:
HyderabadInstitute of Public Enterprise (IPE)
OSMANIA UNIVERSITY CAMPUS,
HYDERABAD - 500 007
ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
Phone: +91 - 40 - 2709 8145 / 7445 / 8937
Fax: +91 - 40 - 2709 5478

Tilak Maharashtra University (TMU)Pune View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info I advise u to choose a general stream in MBA as it would help u in having good career prospects in allied industry such as Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals.
However if u wanna do it then i suugest BELOW COLLEGE

Universal School of Biosciences. Delhi/NCR View Courses | Contact Details | Request Info
Bio Technology Business Management
Contact Deatils:
Delhi/NCRUniversal School Of Biosciences
WZ-186/13, Budhela, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-18
Phone:011-45684107
Mobile:+91-9717267750,+91-9555644402
Fax:- 011-45684107

ALL THE BEST...
16th July 2012, 01:21 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After Graduation in Biotechnology, if you want to go in the management related jobs then you should go for the MBA course.

MBA in Biotechnology has bright prospects. It is a two years program in Management.

After MBA-Biotech, one can join Bio-Pharma Companies, Pharma Companies, Biotech Companies, Food Companies, Bioinformatics Sector and Agri- Companies etc.

SOME TOP MBA BIOTECHNOLOGY INSTITUTES ARE:-

-UNIVERSAL COLLEGE OF BIOSCIENCES - DELHI
-AMITY INSTITUTE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY - NOIDA
-INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISE - HYDERABAD
-TILAK MAHARASTRA UNIVERSITY - PUNE
-UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL, PUNJAB UNIVERSITY - CHANDIGARH
-MITCON INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT - PUNE
28th June 2013, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

hello....
I am doing Msc integrated biotechnology, a 5 an half year course.
I want to know whether I can opt for an MBA course in biotechnology i.e MBA in biotechnology????
can I opt for it, after my completion of 5 an half yrs???
is it a correct option??
18th May 2016, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm going to study bsc biotech in GRD college .I'm afraid of studying but eager to study it.I'm afraid of getting a job in this field. Can I get an answer ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?