28th July 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.d after scoring 53% in Bengali?

i have get 53% in bengali can i do phd?....please tell me the possibility

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about upcoming PhD Entrance Test to get admission in PhD(Bengali)?
  2. Can I do Ph.d after scoring 53% in Bengali?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get admission for PhD in Bengali in Kolkata? -- [New]
  4. Ph.D in Bengali for B.Ed graduate who has secured 64.40% marks?
  5. Procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Bengali in India for M.A.(Bengali) candidate of Asian University of Bangladesh?
  6. Procedure to apply for Ph.D in Bengali course at Calcutta University?
  7. Can I study PhD in Modern History in Bengali medium rather English medium?
  8. How to do post doctorate courses after PhD in Bengali?
  9. Possibility to study PhD in Bengali for a candidate with 48% in distance Master's Degree?
  10. How may I do PhD from Netaji Shubhash open university after completing MA in Bengali with 56% marks?
  11. How to do Ph.D in distance mode after completing M.A in Bengali with 57%
  12. After scoring 55% in M.A. Bengali can I attend NET exam? Will I be provided Assistant Professor post in colleges or not?
  13. How to get admitted in M.A with Bengali? What is the syllabus for the same
  14. Eligibility to become lecturer of communication skills in engineering polytechnic? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How may I do MA in Bengali from any university after completing BA in Bengali honors from Burdwan university?
  16. Can I study PhD in History after scoring below 50% in M.A.?
  17. Can I take Bengali and History as my optional subject and Bengali as language in IAS Prelims after completing my graduation?
  18. Can I be eligible to appear for NET/SET with Bengali in India? I have done my M.A in Bengali
13th July 2015, 11:10 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.d after scoring 53% in Bengali?

No, mostly all the universities look for candidates who have scored more than 55% in their graduation aggregate for PhD. In your case you have 2% short. In fact, the same cut-off criteria is followed for M.A. or M.Sc. or M.Com. I would rather suggest you to first complete master degree. That is, only if you have not completed your M.A. yet. After that I would suggest you to sit for either WBCS or SSC examination. For none of these do you require PhD. Both the examinations promise jobs after you have a clear score in it and you clear the subsequent interview. So you don't have to wait for so many years to complete your research and then search for a job. If you clear SSC examination, and the subsequent interview, you are liable to get a job in any of the available government schools. So I would suggest that sit for B.Ed. course, once you clear the SSC examination. Then no one will be able to point later on, that you don't have the necessary qualifications to teach school children. So give my suggestion a thought.
18th April 2016, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do Ph.d after scoring 53% in Bengali?

I am 64 by age,retired HM of HS school,now serving as guest lecturer in physics.I am masters in physics of cu with 52% marks.I have publication of two aip conference paper. Can I pursue PhD in physics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?