23rd August 2011, 02:29 AM
navaneethreddy77

What to do after B.Tech if I score less than 60% in academics?

what to do after btech..for a person below 60% academics? Are there any courses which I can do

23rd August 2011, 10:33 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech if I score less than 60% in academics?

hi...there rae many courses that you can do for sure even if your percentage is below 60% ,lets start with the best option that you have and that is to prepare for the various upsc exams like the indian administartive services and the indian engineering services because these exams do not requires any marks limit and having an graduation degree is more than enough to write these examinations but your age should be above 21 years and below 30 years to appera for these examinations ,other than these examinations you can also write the gate examination because even in that exam there is no limit on marks to write that exam ,but during the admission you may have problems because many colleges ask for percentages above 60% but if you have any quota then you will be in advantage because there is relaxation of 5 years for sc/st category students ,
23rd August 2011, 02:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Going for masters course is one of the options available. You can choose between M.Tech and MBA. If you are interested in making a career in the technical field you can go for MTech. If administrative role interests you more than you can choose MBA course. Other than this there are various short term courses. You need to choose the course which will help enhance your career.
14th November 2011, 08:30 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

there are many courses that you can do for sure even if your percentage is below 60% ,lets start with the best option that you have and that is to prepare for the various upsc exams like the indian administartive services and the indian engineering services because these exams do not requires any marks limit and having an graduation degree is more than enough to write these examinations but your age should be above 21 years and below 30 years to appera for these examinations ,other than these examinations you can also write the gate examination because even in that exam there is no limit on marks to write that exam ,but during the admission you may have problems because many colleges ask for percentages above 60% but if you have any quota then you will be in advantage because there is relaxation of 5 years for sc/st category students
15th November 2011, 08:40 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
There are so many options for
After completing B.Tech
But you scored less than 60% in B.Tech.

Here are your options :

1.PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS :
You can try these companies :
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
2.GOVT. SECTOR JOBS :

3.BANKING SECTOR JOBS :

4.CALL CENTER :
15th November 2011, 08:48 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
There are so many options for
After completing B.Tech
But you scored less than 60% in B.Tech.

Here are your options :

1.PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS :
>>IRS SOFTWARE
>>FORADIAN TECHNOLOGY
>>WIPRO
>>HCL
>>RELIANCE COMMUNICATION

2.GOVT. SECTOR JOBS :
Dear friend,
You can sit UPSC examinations and find suitable job for you.

3.BANKING SECTOR JOBS :
With less than 60% marks in B.Tech
You can sit for these bank PO and CLERICAL examination
>>Axis bank.
>>ICICI bank
>>PNB
>>Bank Of Baroda
>>HDFC bank

4.CALL CENTER :
You can also try in call center jobs like:

>>Product selling
>>customer care executive
>>Tech support Etc.

All the best.....
24th November 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech it 3rd year...i having precentage of 60 ...what to do next for my future??....want to study any addition courses...now itselt???....i have plan to write gre exam but worried about my marks whether i can soure good marks or not...i am from small town please give suggestion for my future....
25th November 2011, 08:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneethreddy77 View Post
what to do after btech..for a person below 60% academics? Are there any courses which I can do
Dear friend,

You have just completed your B-TECH degree so you have lots of higher study scope

M-TECH :- You must be cleared the GATE exam some institute provide M-TECH without gate score.

MBA:- You must be cleared the CAT or MAT exam.Some institute conduct their own entrance exam.

MS:- Only M-TECH candidate are applicable.

JRF:- Only B-TECH ,M-TECH and science graduate candidate are eligible for JRF.

PHD:- B-TECH candidate must have GATE score . M-TECH candidate apply here without GATE score.

All the best
2nd December 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

i m srinu my b.tech percentage is 81. what shall i do now?
3rd December 2011, 12:03 AM
DRDKS

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech if I score less than 60% in academics?

marks arenot playing major role nowadays..
talent is only taking account..
so you develop soft skills and aptitude section in clear..
otherwise you go for post graduation courses...

all the best
31st January 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

My b.tech percentage is below 60% .what should i do now?
29th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am N.K. Verma my b.tech percentage is 65%. What shall i do now?
22nd April 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my 10th % is 55, but my btech (IT) is 62% what is best way to get software job???
21st June 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have percentage of 58 only what i do next
24th July 2012, 10:46 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

There are many fields after completing your B.tech that are:
1. M.tech :For admission in M.tech you give the GATE exam .

2.MBA: for admission in MBA you give the CAT exam ,some colleges conduct their own exam

3.JRF: this is for B.tech and M.tech students .

out of these there are some other fields
1.Banking sector job
2.GOVT. sector job
3.CALL center job
4.Private sector job
25th July 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed 10th class 63%,inter 49%,btech 50%.what should i do sir
25th July 2012, 04:03 PM
padmasree253

Opportunities after B.Tech

it is necessary for one to decide their career. Now that you have completed B.Tech. So, now you have to start looking into your future.

Study or Job ?

There are two options you prefer after you complete your B.Tech degree. If you are economically efficient and don’t need a job, it is better you go for your further studies. A specialization will always earn you more salary as well as priority during interviews . Otherwise you can find some job.

Further Studies:

If you prefer to continue to studies, you can do Post graduate courses and then obtain a Ph.D. You have lots of options during this P.G course like M.S/ M.Tech, IAS/IPS, Navy/NDA and Finance related courses like MBA.
M.S/M.Tech:
Entrance exams for Post Graduation in Engineering Courses.
If you prefer doing P.G in your field of study, you can go for M.S/M.Tech. If you are ready to go outside India and financially sound you can prefer M.S. You need to appear for GRE/TOEFL for doing M.S in Foreign countries
PSU's like BARC, NPCIL, HAL etc. give importance to GATE scores for various job positions in their organizations.
It is not worthy for anyone doing P.G in some college other than Foreign/Indian University Colleges, and Premiere Private Engineering Colleges
MBA:
Entrance exams for Post Graduation in Management Courses.

If you prefer doing P.G in some finance related courses you can definitely go for MBA.
GMAT: The Graduate Management Admissions Test, better known by the acronym GMAT (pronounced G-mat), is a standardized test for determining aptitude to succeed academically in graduate business studies. The GMAT is used as one of the selection criteria by most respected business schools globally, most commonly for admission into an MBA program.
The GMAT is one of many factors schools use when reviewing applications for admission; it is typically balanced with work experience, grades in previous schools, recommendation letters and other admissions criteria.
The fee to take the GMAT is currently US$250, worldwide.
Global institutes like ISB require the entries to write GMAT.
CAT: Common Admission Test is conducted by IIMs in India for entry to various IIMs present in India. Admissions are based on the scores in CAT exam.
Indian Civil Service:
write UPSC Exams
These are most preferred routes by engineering students in education after B.Tech

Job/ work:

Own Company:
If you are financially sound, you can start your own company with a little experience in some other company.
Still there are various choices in jobs like lecturer in some famous engineering college, call center jobs, etc.

So decide your career now it self and prepare accordingly to reach your goal.
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
7th August 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i have degree in B.E. with pass class which means <50% bcz ATKT in qualifying exam, but i have 60% average in 4 year ,so i eligible for M.TECH. studies?
12th December 2012, 07:07 PM
ashis.career

Hello friend,
Here are your options :

1.PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS :
>>wipro
>>syntel
>>nacre solution

>>genesis

2.GOVT. SECTOR JOBS :

3.BANKING SECTOR JOBS :

4.CALL CENTER :
14th December 2012, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

sir...my percentage is 57 in b.tech..ece........now i am ready to move ferther step.....but i con't analize what is my next step..........please tell me which field i prefer..
28th February 2013, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

My 10% is 87.3 and 12 is 81.3% but due to some personal reasons, my Btech % is 59.3, and now 3 year gap. nw im thinking about doing Mtech. is there any hope for me to get good job if i score well in my masters,(im confident, i can make good result) i already qualified last years GATE and this year's too will. but i want to know about my future options...... plss help.
4th March 2013, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Iam completed b.tech EEE in nov 2012 with 59% percentage except two subjects . I want to write these two subjects in 2013 suplmentary to get 60% but acadamic year then will changes to 2013 .then my b.tech degree turns into 5year degree. what can i do for this
26th March 2013, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

^above: stop worrying about 5 year degree. 60% is more important for atleast living in this country. Lets talk about the worst & only option which is practically valid is -
1. try to get 60% - because for mtech you need 60% in any iit,nit and universities too.
2. after mtech you can join teaching and also can do a PhD at some time.

a year gap does not matter. My percentage was once less than 60% so i thought of all the possible options available with less than 60%. infact there are none. but somehow i could get more than 60%. cleared gate with good rank. Did Mtech from IIT. now planning to do PhD.

all the best
26th March 2013, 12:24 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Hi dear..

Yes, of course, there are various options for you that you can do after B.Tech

Further Studies

Here I have tried to mention a few :-

> M.Tech - You have to crack GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering) which will require around 1 year preparation.

> MBA - You have to clear CAT which would require around 7-8 months of preparation.

> MS (Master of Science) - You need to clear GRE. Generally it is considered equivalent to M.Tech but it is not. It is a course taught outside India, and is comparatively easy to prepare (3-4 months preparation ) than M.Tech, but it is highly rewarding than M.Tech.

Job

You can apply for various jobs in :-

IT sector

Infosys
TCS
Wipro etc.

Banking Sector

ICICI
AXIS
etc.

Final Advice :- Go for MBA or MS , but MS cost much higher so preferably MBA, and then you can easily get a good job with 10-15 lakh per annum package in a good company.

All the best..!

Regards
Sammy
19th May 2013, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

after completing my btech my% will be 55 ... but i want to opt fir MBA ... now will that 55% affect me in any future .
8th June 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i have 52% in 10th and 63% in 12th and 58% in b.tech what course i choose m.tech or mba or any other course i choose and tell me which exams i can give
7th July 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have 80% in 10th & 58% in 12th & 65% in BE in mining. Can i get job in vedanta sesa goa??
8th July 2013, 12:51 PM
harishbanu

hai, a person can have percentage below 60% in academics can get good job.and can study higher studies. if He completed his B.Tech with 60% without any draw backs.
If he try to prepare for gate and get qualify in that exam then he will have better job opportunities and he can study higher studies like M.Tech percentage don't matter.
He can try to apply for IES and if he qualify in that exam then he can get government job.
25th August 2013, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

hello sir!
i have a % of 69 in 10th and 57 in 12th and around CGPA of 7/10 am doing IT b.tech but most of the company ask 60% above throughout which i am not eligible for what i can do or may i work in a 3 tire company and then apply for bigger company will then not ask 60 above once we have some experience my profile without 12th marks is best in the whole college but due to 12th i can't even attend those company,please advice me and thanks in advance.
25th August 2013, 12:19 PM
vaibhav joshte

. You can choose between M.Tech and MBA. If you are interested in making a career in the technical field you can go for MTech. If administrative role interests you more than you can choose MBA course.
If you prefer doing P.G in your field of study, you can go for M.S/M.Tech. If you are ready to go outside India and financially sound you can prefer M.S. You need to appear for GRE/TOEFL for doing M.S in Foreign countries
PSU's like BARC, NPCIL, HAL etc. give importance to GATE scores for various job positions in their organizations.
25th August 2013, 12:20 PM
vaibhav joshte

. You can choose between M.Tech and MBA. If you are interested in making a career in the technical field you can go for MTech. If administrative role interests you more than you can choose MBA course.
5th October 2013, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

i have 62% in 10th and 56% in 12th and 70% in B.E. with ece branch what should i do now ?
16th October 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 49% marks in 10th and 52% marks in 12th and 66% marks in B.Tech with cse now sir what should i do?
18th November 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

my btech% 59% there is any chances it sector.then what we will do for that jobs
19th December 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

hello!am studying 3rd b.tech EEE till now i had the % is in 60's only what are the options i have after B.Tech
3rd February 2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

what to do after bba
10th April 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

dont feel bad first
try to eat well,sleep well
and then search for job
17th April 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

REspected,i want 2 say that i m nt that gd in studies..nd i have scored 60% ..nd i have backlocks 2..so what to do after completing my btech.....and get good income..suggest!! :(
28th April 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 65%in btech but i have scored lessthan 50% in my tenth class what can i do now i cant be eligible for the mnc companies that a hiring lots lo people..
plzz help mee plzz
13th August 2014, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I got 59%in 10th, 54% in 12th, nd 60% in b.tech what shoul I do now.. M I eligible for campus recruitment or whre I should try.. Plzzz help me out.n
26th August 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

i have got 94% in 10th and 80% in inter and studying final year btech(ece) now .upto now i got 80% in btech still feeling unhappy and worrying about my future and job? can anyone suggest me?
10th September 2014, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

did xth with 92% and xii with 80%. but did BE chemical with 54% with a year drop. Can i try for GATE or Do I get a job? pl. help.
26th September 2014, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have 55 % marks in BTECH and i am confused whether go for GATE or switch to Banking Or UPSC exams........please guide me
26th November 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

if i get good marks in gate exam bt i m nt crack aggregate 60% in academic then i have any chance to get admission in mtech for iit .....
9th February 2015, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

10th 2000 with 50%,12th 2002 51% after 7 year gap doing b.tech 2009-2013 with 61% now I want to do m.tech from iit . If I done my m.tech from any iit can I get a good job in any mnc
24th March 2015, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

my SSC is 64% n intermediate is 62% btech is 61% I am eligible for it sector jobs
26th March 2015, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

if i got 49 % in bsc after that i join b.tech is my bsc degree cosidered as gap what should have to do?
26th March 2015, 09:01 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Friend,

No need to worry you have lots of options available after scoring less than 60% in B.Tech.

1. You can appear for GATE examination and based on GATE score you can do M.Tech.It is a post graduation course.If you complete M.Tech you can apply for Professor of any Engineering college or you can futher do Ph.D research.

2. If you have interest in management course the MBA is a Good course for you after B.Tech.It is a post graduation course for Business administration.After completing MBA you can get job in varous companies in Management sector with handsome salary.

3. If you willing to get job after B.Tech the you can apply for various MNC companies like Mindtree,Syntel,HCL.

you can choose any options of your choice.

regards,
er.animesh6
31st March 2015, 11:07 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

you can improve your higher secondary that will be helpful for you in future or you can prepare for SSC CGL exam which do not have any percentage criteria and you can easily get a good job from this exam.
19th April 2015, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I have less than 60% in my 12th and be course. But i m interestedto do ms. Can I go for ms having such low marks?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?