20th September 2011, 06:27 PM
Pallavi Anitaraj

How to prepare for GK paper for CDS? What is the General Knowledge syllabus and which are the question covered?

hello sir,
My question is about the general knowledge syllabus and the questions covered in the same.
sir plz guide me how to prepare for g.k paper for CDS.bcoz i alwayz lack behind in the same even after going through many things.plz suggest me sm books
thanks

12th December 2011, 03:54 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GK paper for CDS? What is the General Knowledge syllabus and which are the question covered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi Anitaraj View Post
hello sir,
My question is about the general knowledge syllabus and the questions covered in the same.
sir plz guide me how to prepare for g.k paper for CDS.bcoz i alwayz lack behind in the same even after going through many things.plz suggest me sm books
thanks
Hello friend,

The General Knowledge Paper in the Combined Defense Service exam is based on the following subject area:

Current Affairs
History of India
Geography
General Knowledge

To prepare for it, the best thing would be to go through the study material of IGNOU for subjects like History of India and Geography.

For current affairs, you must make a habit of reading newspapers everyday and give sufficient time to it.

For general knowledge questions as well as for current affairs, you may refer to the Reference Year Book of the current year, published by Penguin India. The books covers all important topics of every field.

For better preparation and to see the kind of questions which has been asked in previous years, you may refer to the previous years question papers available on the official website of UPSC.
12th December 2011, 06:56 PM
Manigandan.ma
Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for GK paper for CDS? What is the General Knowledge syllabus and which are the question covered?

Dear friend.Following things will surely help you relise your dreams1.Keep updated by daily reading newspapers.2.Note news something which is of national and international important.For preparation of CDS following things are suggested 1. you need to be strong in current news that is of national and international importance 2.you need to be strong in general knowledge.Following book are recommended for CDS exam 1.Objective general knowledge by r.s.agarwal .all the best.
29th January 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

is it valid to do regular degree BA from eiilm university by defance personal.
6th February 2013, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

please suggest me websites for downloading gk model questions for the cds xam
5th November 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

what is your aim
19th January 2014, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

focus on that part in which you are strong
25th January 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

how can i make my english appropriate words knowledge best because i am not good in english. plz rply soon.
24th April 2014, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

How can we find online cds general ability full syllabus and study(history,geo,economics etc)
7th July 2014, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m not good in mathematics so please ive me some suggestion to how to prepare math for cds exam.....
14th January 2015, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

I am not sure for just 20 marks in the paper of gk in cds. But I can score above 60 in rest. So can anybody tell me how I can get just 20 in gk. When only one month is left for exam. Plz
13th February 2015, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir what is the best way for the preparation of gk in CDs exam plz guide me sir.thanks
19th September 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for GK paper for CDS in one month? as we are having only one month for the prerparation
4th February 2016, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare GK for cds exam and please tell me the books for covring most topics of GK??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?