26th November 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Which course to study to become an IAS officer?

What cource have to study for ias officer and benift of that...what are the benefits

6th December 2011, 06:02 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to study to become an IAS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What cource have to study for ias officer and benift of that...what are the benefits
Hello friend,
There is no particular course for IAS. IAS is acronym for Indian Administrative Service and to join it, you need to qualify civil service exam.
The civil service exam is conducted by union public service commission every year. A graduate in any discipline may write the exam, provided she/he is within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed for 5 years for SC/ST category and 3 years for OBC category.
The upcoming exam, the first stage of the civil service exam, is going to be held on 20.05.2012.
For more details, refer to the official website of UPSC.
6th December 2011, 08:13 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend , IAS is an administrative job..
The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

To appear in IAS exam you have to complete the graduation in any trade.
No other special course is required..

So, just try to complete your graduation course..

Age limit:-
Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

So, go for it..
All the best.
6th December 2011, 08:32 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific course which will let you to become an IAS officer. Only thing required to become an IAS officer is you have to fulfill the required eligibility criteria and you have to crcak the required selection procedure.

One has to crack civil services examination to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to become IAS.

Here is the eligibility criteria to be eligible for civil services exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are in the final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Number of attempts :
-For the candidates of General category, the maximum number of attempts are 4 where as for OBC candidates, it is 7.
-For the candidates of SC/ST, there is no limit on the number of attempts.

For more information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
6th December 2011, 09:16 PM
akashcg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
what cource have to study for ias officer and benift of that...what are the benefits
there is no particular course to be dealt in as ias, you should pursue a degree of any discipline and you should be 21 year old to apply for upsc exams to be eligible.
10th January 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

employee in private sector become IAS . when he is on work at the time study of IAS.
10th January 2013, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

can it possible that working profecinals with 8 hour a day work become IAS with work doing during the preperation.
23rd January 2013, 08:35 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

course to study to become an IAS officer

1.Academic Qualification
2.One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
3.Candidates who are in the final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for this exam
4.Age criteria
5.One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam
6.Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category
7.Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category
8.Number of attempts
9.For the candidates of General category, the maximum number of attempts are 4 where as for OBC candidates, it is 7

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th February 2013, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for upsc exam
17th April 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in 12th std my aim is to become I.A.S officer so please give me some help like what exam to write?how much exam to write?
18th April 2013, 10:36 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

Hello Friend,

There is no particular course required t become an IAS officer .IAS or Indian Administrative is a prestigious post of Indian civil service. UPSC (Union Public Service commission) conducted the exam every year for recruitment to various All India Services. IAS is one of them.

Educational Qualification:
Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University is the minimum qualification to apply for the IAS exam.

To become an IAS officer one can appear the exam which is divided in to 3 stages like Preliminary exam, Main exam, Interview .The candidate who have to qualify the exam with a good rank go for training ,they are posted as an IAS officer.

All The Best.
19th April 2013, 09:16 AM
thenaukhezsadaf

Thumbs up Re: Which course to study to become an IAS officer?

UPSC made major changes in the syllabus as well as pattern of the Main Exam. These changes will be applicable for IAS Main Exam-2013. Candidates appearing for the IAS 2013 need to note about the changes in the scheme of civil services (main) examination.

Also, it is very important to note that certain changes have been implemented in respect to the choice of language medium in the Main examination.

The Main examination will comprise of seven papers in all.

PAPER-I: English 300 marks (Section 1 Essay-200 Marks Section 2 English Comprehension & English Précis-100 Marks)

PAPER-II: General Studies- I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society-250 Marks

PAPER-III: General Studies- II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations-250 Marks

PAPER-IV: General Studies-III: Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management-250 marks

PAPER-V: General Studies- IV: Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude-250 Marks

PAPER-VI : Optional Subject Papers I 250 Marks

PAPER VII: Optional Subject Papers II 250 Marks

Personality Test (Interview)- 275 Marks
19th April 2013, 12:36 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

There is no particular courses required for become a IAS officer

IAS aspirants, first crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones

for this Civil Examination some eligibility criteria's are there i.e. Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Nationality, Physical Standards etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you satisfy these all eligibility criteria then you are eligible for IAS officers

Required Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university, final year students also eligible for this examination, there is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years, age relaxation available for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms, 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates, 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Preliminary Examination

Mains Examination

Personnel Interview Test

No.of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

Maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates
19th April 2013, 02:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific courses to be pursed to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer. To become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year after Graduation Degree in any Stream.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th April 2013, 03:03 PM
bpraveen b

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Dear Aspirant there is no separate course to study for IAS exam,
the Aspirant must Graduate from the recognized university in any field.
so here are some Detail Explanation:
IAS exam conducted by UPSC
before going to look of the IAS exam please visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
here you will find the eligibility criteria & structure of civil service Exam
The eligibility criteria are
-The eligible candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognized University

Age - 21-30 years old. age relaxation is their for OBC candidates

Permissible No of Attempts in IAS exam -

For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC/ST - No limit

Selection process for IAS exam are -

1) Preliminary Test
2)Mains Exam
3)Personal Interview.

Main Exam consisting of two optional subjects, You can choose those subject which are scoring like History , Geography ,Philosophy, You can choose the subjects as per your strength .

For further IAS study material details visit this website www.upscportal.com

good luck
[/SIZE][/FONT]
20th April 2013, 01:12 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

No course required for the become IAS officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The applicant should be origin of India.

You should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

There is no percentage required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible.

The candidate min age limit is 21 years and max age limit is 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years for OBC

5 years for SC/ST.

10 years for PH.

No of Attempts:

4 for General

7 for OBC

No limit for SC/ST.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

All the best.
4th May 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii myself shubh i am just give my 12 class exams from non med from cbse board should i am eligible
26th November 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I m Lakshadweep girl. my name is Rehna. I just finished 2science. I want to bcome IAS officer. Please tel me why should i have study to become IAS officer?
2nd February 2016, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10 and i wish to become an IAS Officer so please tell me that after my graduation have completed ....so at which age i should start my real preparation for upsc exam....????
4th February 2016, 12:35 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

IAS- Indian Administrative Services.

Nice to see your interest in the civil service examination. IAS is stand for Indian Administrative Service and it come under civil services examination which is being conducted by the UPSC once in every year. If you are interested to appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :
-- Pass graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
-- The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination.

As per your question to appear in the Civil Services examination you need any graduation degree in any stream so choose any stream as per own interest.

The competition is really tough so work hard to get success. For any more details please visit Upsc website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?