19th October 2015, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication?

Which branch is best for IES 2016 (career wise)- electrical or electronics and communication? How many vacancies and total students appearing (relatively) in both branches in IES? Which branch has more scope in long run?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  2. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  3. Entrance exam pattern and syllabus of M.A English in JNU
  4. Which course is better between B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering and Electrical Electronics?
  5. Can I apply for IES in electrical engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  6. How can I become an electrical and electronics engineering?
  7. Which branch is better for M.Tech for electronics & communication engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  9. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  10. Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?
  11. Can Girls join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM? Procedure to join?
  12. Which are the best branch between electronics and communication engineering and electrical engineering
  13. What is the eligibility criteria for IES entrance exam?
  14. Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?
  15. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  16. What is the scope of Electronics & Communication and Electrical engineering in private sector?
  17. Syllabus for IES for electronics and communication branch?
  18. Names of the books that I should refer for IES exam? My branch is electrical
19th October 2015, 03:37 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.
It is conducted by UPSC every year and is very popular among B.Tech students to get best jobs with better salary along with opportunity to serve country in its development.
Eligibility to appear in IES examination are
-Candidate must have completed B.Tech degree from recognized University or Institution.
-Candidate must be of age 21 to 30 years of age
-Relaxation of age upto 5 years in available for reserved category as rule

Also, number of attempts is limited to appear in IES examination which is 4 for general category, 6 for OBC and unlimited for SC and ST.

So, if you are going to appear in IES then you must be sure about your preparation as after that one chance will vanish after that.

All branches are tough if you have not studied well and very easier if you have prepared according to the syllabus provided by UPSC.
So, you should take that branch or subject which is your stronger.
19th October 2015, 07:00 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication?

Coming directly to the question, electrical has more job vacancies in IES than Electronics.

Put in other words we can also that the number of candidates appearing for IES in electronics is is relatively more than the number of candidates in electrical.

Regarding the total number of vacancies, it varies every year but it remains in the range of 70-200 for both the branches.

Now regarding the scope of which field is more. That depends on the person's perspective. Electronics is young than electrical and hence more scope is there in it for research. On the other hand since in India complete electrification is not yet being done and it will be doe in the coming few years so electrical also has very good scope ragarding the jobs point of view.
20th October 2015, 12:18 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you are seeking my opinion then I would suggest you to take Electrical Engineering as it has more scope in long run as compared to the Electronics and communication engineering. However one should always select subject or stream for the competitive exam on the basis of own interest rather than suggestions of others.

Vacancies differ every year so you must wait for the notification for every year, generally every year around 2-3 lacs candidates appear for the exam.
20th October 2015, 01:00 PM
Mahindra434
Junior Member+

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service Exam.
Technically,eligibility criteria for applying in IES is only engineering degree in any stream.
But one huge limitation,irrespective of candidates stream,only four streams to be applied for

a)Civil Engineering
b)Mechanical Engineering
c)Electronics and Communication Engineering
d)Electrical Engineering

This four are the branches to be applied for in IES.
Question papers are set
a)General Ability
General Study

b)Departmental questions-but objective type
c)Departmental questions-but conventional type

Age limit-21 to 30 years as of 1st August of examination year
20th October 2015, 01:58 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

It is depend on you in which branch you are interested .The scope of both branches Electrical as well as electronics are good.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

Vacancies may differ in every year mostly goes up to 1.5-3 lac.
20th October 2015, 10:39 PM
H Rimmy

Electrical engineering has more scope more than electronics .Whether you should have to decided in which branch you want to make career.

Vacancies varies from year to year and goes up to 1.5 lac to 3 lac.

Both branches are good for making bright future in engineering line.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?