5th November 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Military Academy having done B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration?

I have done my graduation ( B.sc in hospitality and hotel administration) and pursuing with my job.... can i now join INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY... Please reply as soon as possible

Related Questions:
5th November 2011, 04:22 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian Military Academy having done B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration?

Hello,
To join Indian Military you will have option to get into,through qualifying the physical and mental ability test,conducted manually by the nearest commanding centre.
*You can also apply for CDS (Combined Defence Services) conducted by UPSC twice in a year,CDS I conducted in Mid February and CDS II conducted in September.
qualification to appear in exam-
*Candidate should be graduate with any stream.
*Age limit-19-21 yr.
*UES-University entry scheme.
*SSC-Short service commission(only for 14 year service)
~If you are NCC 'C' certificate holder you can skip CDS exam and may be get direct entry for the interview.
For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
Ok, Best of luck.
5th November 2011, 05:49 PM
Fraction Down

Default Re: Can I join Indian Military Academy having done B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration?

dear friend,

Indian Military Academy (IMA) is where the bodies and minds of the trainees are moulded to have the tensility of the finest tempered steel together with qualities such as camaraderie, team-spirit, critical appreciation of a given or emerging instinct with an inbuilt urge never to

Information About IMA

* The Academy became functional from 01 October 1932 with a course strength of 40 Gentlemen Cadets.

** Brigadier L P Collins, DSO, OBE was the first Commandant.

*** The first course had on its rolls Sam Manekshaw, Smith Dun and Mohd Musa. All of them later became the Chiefs of the armies of their respective countries namely India, Burma and Pakistan.

**** In 1934, even before the first course had passed out, his Excellency Lord Willingdon the Viceroy of India, presented the Colours to the Academy on behalf of His Majesty the King-Emperor, as not merely a mark of royal favour but also as acknowledgement of sacrifice and common endeavour. The parade was commanded by Under-Officer GC Smith Dun.

***** In consonance with national aspirations, the Indian Military Academy was redesignated as the National Defence Academy in January 1950.

Eligibility for IMA

1.>For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2.>For Indian Military Academy age should be in between 19-24 Years.

3.>Then you should qualify the Written examination Combined with All the papers are of objective type.

Subject Marks

English 100 marks

General Knowledge 100 Marks

Elementary Mathematics 100 Marks

Total 300 marks

4.>Candidates successful in the written exam are then called for an interview by a Services Selection Board which evaluates a candidate's suitability for a career in the Indian Armed Forces. The SSB interview lasts for approximately a week, during which a candidate undergoes various physical and psychological tests to ascertain whether or not he is officer material. Candidates cleared by the SSB are finally admitted into the above mentioned academies, and after successful completion of training, they are inducted into the armed forces.

For more Information follow the link:-http://imadehradun.batchmates.com/

Best of luck.
5th November 2011, 11:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation ( B.sc in hospitality and hotel administration) and pursuing with my job.... can i now join INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY... Please reply as soon as possible
Yes, You are eligible to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy).

And to Join IMA, You have to cracked the UPSC CDSE Examination.

CDSE Stands for Combined Defense Services Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year.

To apply for CDS Examination, You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for CDS Examination.

For IMA : You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university and your age should between 19 to 24 years, No Upper age relaxation is applicable in CDS Examination.

So, You have already completed your Graduate degree course and If your age should not be more than 24 Years, then you are eligible for CDS Examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year : CDS (I) and CDS (II).

The Notification of Next year CDS (I) Examination was already announced and the last date of apply for CDS Examination is 28/Nov/2011.

The examination will be held on 12/Feb/2012.

Eligible candidates may apply for CDS Examination Online Only, By visit the Official website of UPSC, So please visit the official website and Please fill the application form Online and for more details please check the official website OR Read the given notification :

http://upsc.gov.in

Apply Online : Click Here
6th November 2011, 12:22 AM
madhu madne

Smile Re: Can I join Indian Military Academy having done B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration?

Quote:
Hi

You can join the Indian military

you can get many post like medical officer or other in MILITARY

ALL THE BEST
9th January 2012, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
no u can not join ima with hotel management degree
9th January 2012, 07:44 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of B.Sc you can apply for Indian military academy..

Eligibility for I.M.A:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Age should be in between 19-24 years.

4.Candidate must be unmarried male.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done B.Sc course then you can go for Indian Military academy..

All the best.
9th January 2012, 08:13 PM
anlakshmi

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy.

If you want to join IMA, you have to crack the CDS Examination.

The CDS stands for Combined Defense Services Examination. This CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination:

• The candidate must have to complete graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
• The age limit in between 19 to 24 years. There is no relaxation.
• The candidate must be citizen of India.
• The candidate must be male person and unmarried.
• And the candidate must be medically fit.

So, you are eligible for IMA.

All The Best!!!
16th February 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

hi..i completed my b.tech with the aggregate of 57% and my age is 23,,am i fit for this job?
17th May 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

can i join INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY having B.Sc.,in NURSING as staff nurse \ clinical instructor
17th May 2012, 03:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Military Academy Through appearing CDS exam.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The candidate must be an Indian unmarried male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health, is eligible to apply for IMA of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

As you are a Graduate in Hospital and Hotel Administration ,you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st August 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I have coplited bachlors digree from ignou Bsc hopitality and hotel administration , can I do preparation of UPSC,BPSC,ibps and difence actor
send on my email if as soon as possible

Email ID-ravishsharma1995@G mail.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?