14th March 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

How to get job if there is no campus placement happening in college?

Hello Sir/Mam,

i ma shyam kumar chouhary.i am doing my mechanical engineering from rvs college of engineering & technology,jamshedpur.
sir my college is just of 5 year old so there is no good placement record.i am final yaer student and i want to know to know that what i will do if there is no campus from college.
plz sir sugest me some ideas to get my good job.my aggregate marks is 72.6% till 5th 6th semester.

14th March 2015, 11:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job if there is no campus placement happening in college?

You have a decent academic record and hence you are eligible for most of the companies be it on-campus or off-campus. However, since there are no campus placement drives happening in your college, so you need to look beyond the scope of your college to get job opportunities. The best option before you to get job is through GATE in the PSUs. Most of the top PSUs shortlist students on the basis of GATE score, hence you should appear in GATE and score very good marks. There are many other PSUs who conduct their own written test, you should appear in them. Apart from this, you can get into defense sector, banking sector, Indian Railways, Electricity Corporation of India and telegraph and post offices. In the private sector you can try for the core companies by appearing in their off-campus recruitment drives.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?