19th September 2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a student having less than 60% marks in 12th to get a job in campus placement?

I had secured 83.6% in 10th but secured 57.2% in 12th which is less than 60%.which line should i choose?i want to do btech but m worried about my 12th result which is very less to seat in a campus placement.what is the min % to seat in a campus.is there any company whose criteria for placement is less than 60%?

Related Questions:
19th September 2015, 02:30 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a student having less than 60% marks in 12th to get a job in campus placement?

Yes, you are right that the companies which recruit B.Tech freshers take into account the result of the entire career -10th, 12th or diploma and B.Tech during recruitment. It is true that most of the companies have kept 60% in the entire career as the eligibility bar. So you will not be able to appear in the recruitment drives of most of the companies. However, there are companies which recruit freshers having below 60% in their career level especially at any one level like only 10th or only 12th. One can also get a job through PPO by performing well during the internship period. You should go for the field in which you are interested and can perform well. This is because if you excel in a field, any organization will be ready to incorporate you irrespective of your background.
19th September 2015, 08:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a student having less than 60% marks in 12th to get a job in campus placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had secured 83.6% in 10th but secured 57.2% in 12th which is less than 60%.which line should i choose?i want to do btech but m worried about my 12th result which is very less to seat in a campus placement.what is the min % to seat in a campus.is there any company whose criteria for placement is less than 60%?
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for maximum IT companies. But you are eligible for campus placement of IT companies like Wipro and Syntel.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for IT companies is,

IT companies= 60%

Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for IT companies recruitment.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for IT companies recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?