28th February 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Will GATE preparation help in clearing PSU exam?

sir,madam
i want to ask that will gate preparation help in clearing psu exam or another separate study is required?

9th October 2012, 02:17 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Will GATE preparation help in clearing PSU exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,madam
i want to ask that will gate preparation help in clearing psu exam or another separate study is required?
Dear,

GATE exam consists of engineering maths,technical subjects and aptitude. From which main emphasis is laid on engineering maths. In PSUs questiona are asked from aptitude and reasoning, general awareness and technical knowledge. Engineering maths is not asked in PSUs and main emphasis is laid on general awareness.

If you prepare well for GATE your half preparation is done for PSUs as you will be prepared with the tehnical and aptitude part very well. Level of questions asked in GATE in these fields are much more tough than those asked in any PSUs.

If you wish to appear in any PSU seriously then apart from aptitude and technical you need to study following extra topics:
  1. English
  2. General awareness
  3. Data interpretation
  4. Reasoning

General awareness is tough in PSUs as it involves subjects like:
  • History
  • Geography
  • General science
  • Current affairs...etc

So you need to give more time on general awareness section in PSU as technical and aptitude are comparatively easy than that ask in GATE. And if you have prepared your technical and aptitude section for GATE you don't have to give any extra time for them in PSU preparation.

BEST OF LUCK!
27th March 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will GATE preparation help in clearing PSU exam?

does psu's have their separate exam? or giving gate is compulsory to get a psu job?
27th March 2013, 12:53 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,madam

Hello Dear!!

Obviously! present days maximum number of PSU are recruiting through GATE Merit list only.

But Yes! its not correct that only gate preparation will fetch you all PSUs.

Indian Engineering Services is also a Exam that gives you a great opportunity in Govt sector a very Higher post.

Preparing for GATE means you are prepared for other Exams like DRDO, ISRO, ONGC etc.

and GATE already Includes many PSUs like BHEL, BEL, NTPC. HPCL, BPCL, BEL, NPCL, BARC, etc.

But some PSUs which need general ability or general knowledge are not covered in GATE exam.

Like for BANK exams, Defence Services:

General Knowledge is important.

that you have to prepare.

GATE will cover English preparation.

ALL TECHNICAL SUBJECTS OF ENGG.

NUMERICAL ABILITY , APTITUDE.

If you prepare for General Knowledge and Current affairs also your all done.

All the best!!
3rd July 2014, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech(M. E) 5th sem. Student . I want to prepare for gate beside my
Studies so any one can refer me a book so that I can prepare well
And secure a good marks jst after my grad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?