15th March 2012, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible to apply for IES Exam having completed Biomedical Engineering?

Hello,

I ve completed my Biomedical engineering.Will i be eligible to apply for IES exams?Please do clarify my doubt.

15th March 2012, 06:13 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Will I be eligible to apply for IES Exam having completed Biomedical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I ve completed my Biomedical engineering.Will i be eligible to apply for IES exams?Please do clarify my doubt.

Eligibility Criterion For IES

Only the following candidates are applicable for appearing in the UPSC Engineering Services Exam :-

1) Candidate should be either in the final year of B.Tech or should have already cleared his B.Tech in one of the following engineering streams :-

>> Civil Engineering
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Electronics & Communications Engineering
>> Electrical Engineering

2) The candidates must be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

Since, you do not belong to any of the above mentioned engineering streams, hence I am really very sorry but you are not eligible for appearing for the entrance exam..

In case if you want to further confirm this thing then you can simply visit the official website of UPSC which is http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th March 2012, 06:35 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for IES Exam having completed Biomedical Engineering?

Hi Dear

Yes, you are eligible for apply IES exam but IES exam is not conducted for
Bio medical Engineering course.

Courses for IES exam:-

*Civil Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Electronics Enginering

If you are suitable to give any one above subject then you also give this exam.......

Good Luck...........
15th March 2012, 06:46 PM
tudi.swethna

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for IES Exam having completed Biomedical Engineering?

hai dear..
Sorry you cant apply for IES exam. only Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering are eligibility for IES exam..
15th March 2012, 06:50 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Sorry you are not eligible as only Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering,Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering are allowed to take IES exam . Final year candidates or completed degree both candidates are eligible to take exam. The notifications are out in May-Jun.
Age :- 21 -30 years relaxation for reserved category candidates
15th March 2012, 06:50 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

FRIEND,

IES stands for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES and the exam conducted for the selection of candidates for the IES post is ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAM.

The exam is conducted every year in the month of June and the Notification for It comes out in the month of February.

To be eligible to appear for the IES you should be pursuing the engineering degree from the following branches.
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics & Communications Engineering

You must be a graduate from the above branches of engineering or in the final year of graduation of the course.

Your age must be between 21 to 30 years
  • OBC: 3 years
  • SC/ST: 5 years
  • Ex service man: 10years

There is no limit on the number of attempts that you can make and minimum of 60% is required in order to be eligible for the exams.

There are two papers conducted PAPER -I and PAPER- II and both the sections contain the Questions from your branch.

IMPORTANT DATES ARE:
  • NAME OF THE EXAM:ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2012
  • DATE OF NOTIFICATION : 25.02.2012
  • LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 26.03.2012 (MONDAY)
  • DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM : 15.06.2012 (FRIDAY)
  • DURATION OF THE EXAM: 03 DAYS

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:

15th March 2012, 06:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately you are not eligible for appearing in IES Entrance Exam. Not all Engineering students are allowed to appear in the exam.

Only students who have completed B.Tech in Electrical, Civil and Mechanical from a with ECE from a recognized university are eligible.

Candidates who have M.Sc degree is subjects like Wireless Communication, Electronics can also apply.

M.Sc in Radio Physics and Engineering students may also apply for certain post through the IES exam.

Other requirements include

Your age should be between 21 to 30

The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

OBC students gets 3 years relaxation in the upper age limit.
15th March 2012, 07:02 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
The details eligibility criteria for IES exam are as follows.....

The cut off marks for IES exam are as follows...

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
15th March 2012, 07:56 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
The IES exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be either
in the final year of B.Tech or
should have already cleared
his/her B.Tech.

The age should be between 21 to 30years.

The candidate should be citizen of india.

All the best.
15th March 2012, 08:33 PM
anlakshmi

UPSC Indian Engineering Services Entrance (UPSC IES) Examination:

The Indian Engineering Services Examination, a reputed exam conducted by the Union Public Service Comission (UPSC), India every year for the recruitment to engineering services in government sector. Recruitement will be for four below mentioned categories of engineering which are:

1.) Civil Engineering
2.) Mechanical Engineering
3.) Electrical Engineering
4.) Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

UPSC IES Eligibility Qualification:

Age Criteria: Minimum age of the candidates must be 21 to 30 years

Educational Eligibility Criteria:

1.) A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent. MSc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

2.) Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examination will be required to submit the proof of passing.

Sorry,you are not eligible for IES Examination..
15th March 2012, 09:38 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
IES exam is conducted through the Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility criteria for the IES exam:

Candidate should be either
in the final year of B.Tech or
should have already cleared
his B.Tech in one of the
following engineering
streams:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electronics &
Communications Engineering

Electrical Engineering.
All the best.
16th March 2012, 10:52 AM
kundu06

yes u surely are.u need to have engineering graduation only with 60% aggregate mark but u have to choose any of the four basic stream of engineering for your exam so better evaluate yourself and choose subject in which you can excel the most.
all the best.
1st June 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

iam doing electronics engineering (design and manfacturing )in INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN & MANUFACTURING- KANCHEEPURAM(CHENNAI), AM I eligilble for ies exam.if under which engineering.pls reply
16th June 2019, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Then what are the exams for BE bio medical engineers for jobs in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?