23rd April 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Should I take PCM or PCB to become an Astronaut?

Which are the important group of 12th sci. (PCM/PCB) to become an Astronaut?

20th June 2012, 07:24 PM
dr.anirudhmakhecha

Default Re: Should I take PCM or PCB to become an Astronaut?

goes without saying that pcm is most imp.
however you must try for IIT which may improve your chances for becoming an astronaut
good luck and FLY HIGH!!!
20th June 2012, 08:55 PM
GURINDER BILLING

An astronaut or cosmonaut is a person trained by a human spaceflight program to command, pilot, or serve as a crew member of a spacecraft. While generally reserved for professional space travelers, the terms are sometimes applied to anyone who travels into space, including scientists, politicians, journalists, and tourists.
Until 2002, astronauts were sponsored and trained exclusively by governments, either by the military, or by civilian space agencies. With the sub-orbital flight of the privately funded SpaceShipOne in 2004, a new category of astronaut was created: the commercial astronaut.
yes you can go for astronaut after doing PCM OR PCB, but you have to take the extra training for it...
So take it,ALL THE BEST..
20th June 2012, 10:07 PM
sweetravi18

If you are thinking of becoming an astronaut then the most appropriate choice is PCM. Since space physics and mathematical approximations is a must for an astronaut which you get through PCM only. Try to crack JEE and be on top list so that you can get admission into IIT Kanpur as it has relations with NASA and ISRO.
20th June 2012, 11:39 PM
padhakudkt

i think for astronaut you should go for pcm!
since astronaut require lot of calculation and approximation so this three combination will suit your profession!
it will be very helpful for you in future!
prepare well for competetive exam!
clear it , and go for your dream!
thank you!
7th February 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

What should I take between PCB or PCM after tenth to become an astronaut?
25th July 2019, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an astronaut if I have taken PCB with optional subject physical education in 11th? As after my 12th I have to write my neet exam , after that also can i become an astronaut?
Please let me know.
Thank you
31st October 2019, 12:57 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

According to the eligibility criteria for being an astronaut you will have to attain a bachelor degree in engineering science or either biological science
So you can take any subject combination in 12 standard either biology or math
But it is better to take math as it will be more helpful
If you are capable you can take both the subject
20th May 2023, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;7040362]Can I become an astronaut if I have taken PCB ,,, yes u can nada also hire doctors even many astronaut are doctors too
28th May 2023, 10:41 PM
eduking

Usually, astronauts belong to different fields, and recruitment from different streams is possible in this field but you must study physics and maths as the core subjects if you are interested in space sciences. These two subjects form the basics of all space-related jobs and the maximum chance of getting jobs will be through maths and physics-related qualifications.

Just make sure to study at a good college so that you have good exposure to top-class education. You can apply for jobs at various space research organizations after completion of the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?